The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What if...

Paul_KY

affiliate
What if Yahoo simply DUMPED, or moved back to the 80th page, all sites, which advertise Google adsense, or use the Google search feature?

What if MSN did that also?

Two more questions :lol: :lol: :lol:

What would be your guess, percentage wise, of the webmasters who simply DUMP Google adsense?

How would this effect Google's bottom line, as in $$$$$$?

Paul

Paul,
Not many companies have a few Billion pounds stashed away for rainy days like Google has. In the unlikely event that you prediction should come true, it will affect their income in the short run but in the long run the will recover. Besides they are quite dynamic and forward looking, they have a few new products in the pipeline
Temi

I totally agree with the over pricing of Google stock. Google is not the golden goose the stock exchange is treating it as. As for MSN & Yahoo! cutting adsense sites, I would say that one would go straight to the courts as an anti trust case. I might be wrong there though as I am the wrong side of the pond. I would think though that it would be illegally stifling free trade and the courts would find it so.

Any American lawyers reading this feel free to chip in :D

But it's their search engine, right? I don't think it would ever happen, but what court would say it's mandatory to send Billions of traffic/dollars to your competition?

I think Yahoo and MSN are perfectly withing their rights to block Adsense, its their search engine and they can allow or block whatever they like

Sorry I have to disagree with this, I mean we are talking about the US here, a system that decided that Windows having a media player built in was anti trust. Or that a company was simply too big to be fair should be split up. IANAL, but I honestly think that the courts would scream anti trust, if a search engine was to do this. I mean what next? ALL overture sites dropped? all paid advertising other than their own advertising dropped?

I really think that the courts would see this as an illegal restriction of trade.

OWG,

I was thinking about this a little and came to a conclusion, the idea is ludicrous.

Think about it. Search engines like relevant CONTENT sites. They love em! Content sites use Google Adsense/MarketBanker, etc. to offset costs/earn a profit from their sites. If you drop these type sites, you're left with TONS of commercial sites, which will drive searchers away faster than you can say, "Alta Vista" errr...I mean, "Astalavista". chased

No way this scenario takes place. I do though, believe Google NEEDS us and they NEED Yahoo, MSN, etc. to succeed. Through their CS e-mails and phone calls, one would come to the conclusion they think they don't.

Oh well, it's nothing a quick 70% hit in their stock price won't take care of lol.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

:wave:

Bam :!: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GOOG

MI
Back