The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What do you think of the new Instagram features?

I

Ivana Adnium

I'd like to hear your personal opinion :)

My thoughts:

Apparently now you can switch over your personal account to a business one where you can sync it with facebook and get analytics regarding how many people visit your insta? I wouldn't know because even after I updated our Adnium account this feature still isn't available for us as of this writing....

And this feature seems completely useless: Click on an account and see which friends are following an account: "this account is being followed by jonsmith123, blahblah and 5+ more" Great...except you can't even click on your IG friends from that particular account (like you can on facebook) nor can you fully see the full list of followers you both share.

Also I've noticed some light tracking on part of IG (or maybe that was always around I just never noticed it) now when you visit a particular account a certain number of times that you don't follow (ie girl wih no job) - because 1) they'll start to appear in my suggested friends or suggested accounts to follow - moreover that account's followers/friends will start to appear in MY suggestions despite the fact that there's no mutual follow on either side :/
This makes me wonder if our snooping is then visiable to the snoopee and they see the same thing above :p

What's your take on the new IG features - business or personal?

I haven't tried it yet but after reading about your experience, seems like it's not all that helpful. Perhaps because it's in its infancy. Maybe when it grows up, the data gained will be really insightful.

Meantime, sounds like the only true advantage is that you could login to both FB and IG in one go.

I haven't tried it yet but after reading about your experience, seems like it's not all that helpful. Perhaps because it's in its infancy. Maybe when it grows up, the data gained will be really insightful.

Meantime, sounds like the only true advantage is that you could login to both FB and IG in one go.

I think there's more features that came out but I just didn't bother reading about them in IGs press release :p
The above critiques only stem from my own personal observations - I think there's more features but they are either 'hidden' ie, they have to be pointed out to you by another user instead of them being publicly 'visible' in the API.

I'm just really curious to see what prolific IG users think

I have not tried the new features on my IG because am yet to update to the new version. One thing I know is that Instagram are trying to make the network as best as possible in regards to its users. To me the feature of switching the accounts is a good one. It helps avoid the situation where you will use the business account for wrong reasons. and also the analytics that you get are vital and will help you in planning and even decision making process.

I have not tried the new features on my IG because am yet to update to the new version. One thing I know is that Instagram are trying to make the network as best as possible in regards to its users. To me the feature of switching the accounts is a good one. It helps avoid the situation where you will use the business account for wrong reasons. and also the analytics that you get are vital and will help you in planning and even decision making process.

I completely agree - in theory. As of yet, I don't have access to any of those features (besides the ones I've mentioned above) even with the update so right now IG is useless to me

I believe myself that where the traffic there will be money. IG has tons of traffic, and many marketers are drive tons of traffic to their offer/landing page. There are some open secrets how could you make your IG profile gold mine. Simply search on follow along section of this forum ;)

MI
Back