The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What do you think of my green forum?

temi

affiliate
I am starting a Green Forum, to test the waters I have used phpBB but when I get enough users I will change to vB in the meantime please give me a feedback of how I can improve it and while you are reviewing it, add a post or two :)

I like the concept Temi, I don't think I have seen a green forum to be honest.

The things I would change are....

The colour of the forum. Perhaps a dark, leafy green with a lighter green for the threads/posts.

The icons next to the forum categories. Recycling for example, you could use the recycling icon you see on tin cans, you know, the pyramid shaped arrows.

And Energy, perhaps one of them Energy saving light bulbs.

Give it a very earthy feel and a nice airy, earthy logo.

For user status you could use catchy things like 1-100 posts "Swampy" then the highest status under Super Moderator something like "Captain Green"

It's a gimmick, but they work.

Then obviously the standard SEO, title, description etc etc.

KP

Thanks very much for that suggestion KP, I will implement the icon for the forum categories when I upgrade to vB. I will implement the suggestion about user title sooner, thanks for that :)

Great idea

Great idea .

It can be a very good platform to discuss about enviroment,global warming,protecting wild life and preventing pollution.

Great thinking.

That caught me I thought it was really a green forum:rofl::laugh: anyway that is a good theme buddy I like it, cheers for the good work:beer::goodjobsign:

[FONT=&quot]I'm not sure about the concept of green forum. What you want to say to your customers is not clear. On the first look, there is nothing green in your site except the logo. You should spread a "green message" to your customers. Possibly you can change the template colour to green as well. Change the Title, add some graphics to support green theme. You may want to add some more sections as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Otherwise forum looks pretty well designed. Need to publicise now.[/FONT]

Thanks for your comment Hasan, I think the green concept has nothing to do with colour, its to do with being responsible about the use of our enviroment.

[FONT=&quot]I'm not sure about the concept of green forum. What you want to say to your customers is not clear. On the first look, there is nothing green in your site except the logo. You should spread a "green message" to your customers. Possibly you can change the template colour to green as well. Change the Title, add some graphics to support green theme. You may want to add some more sections as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Otherwise forum looks pretty well designed. Need to publicise now.[/FONT]

I was surprised to see your green forum. I really thought it's color would be green. But any way, I like its design. It looks good. The topics are also interesting.

Thanks for your comment Hasan, I think the green concept has nothing to do with colour, its to do with being responsible about the use of our enviroment.

I know why your forum's name is green and what's its significant ... I was just suggesting if you make it more greener, at least people will have an basic idea from the first look.

For an example, please check My Green Corner web directory. I came across of this directory in iWT and I just loved the concept and design and I believe design 100% justified its name and functionality.

At the end, wish you all the best for your website.

Ideas Wise

I reckon the idea of a green enviromental forum is FANTASTIC. It's about time enviromentalists and people who actually care for the enviroment voice out opinions and discuss issues as a group. Who knows in the near future the forum members might even help in a greater movement towards this global issue.

I think marketing the forum to some australians might be good as well, there's heaps of enviromentalists here where I am. So that might direct more traffic to your forum as well.

Graphics and Layout Wise

I suppose a more greenish layout might do the trick, something fresher and more leafy ;)
The logo can be better, something more FRESH and JUICY and add a header behind the logo, that would totally make the forum shine.
A favicon could be added once there's heaps of traffic.

Cheers

Great idea! Feel free to add it to my Green Directory - it's free for a recip :)

I'll add a 'green forum' category in any case as I'm sure more will sprout up soon (excuse the pun).

Great idea! Feel free to add it to my it's free for a recip :)

I'll add a 'green forum' category in any case as I'm sure more will sprout up soon (excuse the pun).

I don't know how you can call it free of reciprocal link is required. I will also remove your link if you don't mind, this thread is about reviewing my green forum and not about advertising your green directory.

Thanks

Hey I was just trying to help us both! We all need links to improve our serps.

I agree with you but there is forum for link exchange and stuff like that. This forum is for site reviews. Its nice to keep threads on topic.

Thanks

BTW, you are welcomed to submit your site to my directory, its completely free: EthicalDirectory.org

Now who's off topic eh? :D Thanks the main site is already in there!
:thumbsup:

Well, its my thread so I can point it in what direction I like, its also a way of showing you what a REAL free directory is, a directory that required reciprocal link is not free, that is what annoyed me about your offer.

Ok let's not diversify anymore but when i said 'free' I meant in monetary value so in that case it is free, yes?

banners
Back