The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What do you think about...

RiverWire

affiliate
Expiring Domains ? I found that if you really do your homework on some sites and catch them at the right time you can really get a fantastic site.

Recently i brought a domain that i was interested in but wasn't sure about, it was very close to being deleted and was in the auctions over at Godaddy, i looked into it a little more and found it was PR4 with PR4 inner pages. To my surprise it also had 3000 back links from other related good quality sites.

So i thought about it a little and done the normal fake page rank check, internet archive check etc. The PR wasn't showing as valid or fake, it was just showing that that google had no cached history of the site :confused:

What did i do ? i went and brought it ! yep thats right i brought it, even though there was a possibility that the backlinks would be deleted by the time i got it and the PR would disappear or turn out to be fake, in the end i paid around £100 for it.

Now i have the domain i set up a quick site and made sure the structure was the same as the site that used to be there, rushed over to Google webmaster tools to submit my site map and get it verified still hoping i could salvage what the domain had, to my surprise the only reason there was no cached pages (hence the PR not showing correctly) is because the site had been banned !!!

Oh could be a slight problem :( so i filled out the resubmission form and hoped for the best, i thought id have to leave it for a couple of weeks maybe even months before it got sorted. 2 days later it reindexed , PR showing a Genuine PR and im feeling really proud of myself lol.

Well i then started to get serious and plan my attack so i started building links adding content etc (which i still have no where near finished), around 2 weeks later the PR update occurs AAAAHHHHH :( didnt want that quite yet !! , i looked at the site PR6 :D wow how did that happen !! well i went to check the 3000 backlinks to see what was linking to the site, as i clicked on the backlink checker it comes up with 22,000 backlinks !!!!!

Google had re indexed everything which by now im jumping in the air because i caught such a bargain.

Guess what ? i checked again today in my webmaster tools and its just hit over 70,000 with some of them being PR7 backlinks

Ive also brought some others which im hoping will do the same

Im not going to reveal the domain but im prity sure that temi will know which one im talking about.

Sorry to make a short story so long but im bored and felt like playing on some forums lol

Has anyone else had any success stories with Expired domains ?

It was worth the read.

That's is marvellous and well pleased for you.

Will you be sharing the url with us?

i will announce the site when it's fully developed and is nearly finish, or in a working state for vistors anyway, at the moment there isnt much content and im waiting for some things to be sorted before i make the relaunch of the site. But as soon is its ready i will announce it :)

Congratulations Adam, I have not had time speculating on expiring domain but I know they are gold dust if one get the right one.

MI
Back