The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What can be done in this situation?

jani

affiliate
This has not happened but I was just wondering about it that if Some other designer steal my portfolio and put it on his own website and show that he has made it then what action I can take against him?

Any idea?

If your design is registered then you can have you right as the owner of the design asserted but this is usually very difficult, almost impossible for one man band like you and I becuse its expensive :(

Sadly DKs it does not work like that. What proof have you got to show its your works? Supposing you and I have a grudge and I contacted your ISP and tell them you have stolen my work they should suspend your account (even thought I am lying) do you think your hosting company will suspend your account?

So you really need proof that the work is your before hosting company can take action. So the question now is, how do you proof a design or graphic is yours?

If you offer stuff for free - this is the problem you will have no matter what you do.
I bought a psd design from someone and he claimed to be the author. Later I found the same design on the TemplateMonster...

If you just talking about the images - always use watermarks

If your design is registered then you can have you right as the owner of the design asserted but this is usually very difficult, almost impossible for one man band like you and I becuse its expensive :(

How can I registered my work?

Get in touch with that guys hosting, explain that he has steal your work. They should suspend his account.

I don't think his hosting company will take action against him cuz he is paying them and company will hesitate to lose his customer.

Actually I was working in Gerrys Information Technology (an ISP Company in Pakistan) and I had a colleague there who was not good in designing, Yesterday I met him online and he said that he is making his own website. I asked him that what will you put on ur site, u do'nt have any portfolio... then he said he will use some of my artwork and put on his website... I said him not to do so. He said ok, but i m not satisfied. I was wondering if he really uses some of my work then I can't do anything :(

MI
Back