The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What are your update settings set at?

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

I have noticed that lots of users have chosen to disable the automatic upgrades settings on Windows, I don't really think that is a very clever thing to do as there are a good amount of fixes released.

I have even seen users stuck with SP1, personally I wouldn't ever disable that unless I had a very good reason to, you cause a security threat to your system as there may be urgent updates, security updates and if you disable that you won't be aware of them.

The settings set on most of my computers are as, automatically download and install the updates, good thing I am on a good machine so I don't really notice when the updates are being installed.

Meti

I heard on the radio news that it did not matter if you deactivated your update settings because Microsoft had programmed it to override and update anyways

I heard on the radio news that it did not matter if you deactivated your update settings because Microsoft had programmed it to override and update anyways

Don't think thats true, in that case, it would automatically install all the latest service packs, although many computers are still left at SP1. ;)

Meti

I try to disable all auto updates on my systems. Every few weeks I check and update windows and other programms I use most often. Autoupdates are taking tons of resources from your system since they are constantly running in the background. When I have Photoshop, DreamWeaver, IE, Opera few of FairFox windows and some other stuff open - I need as much of my available resources as possible...

Also I would like to chose which updates to install and which leave to alone...

I check through the upgrades cos they keep trying to sneak windows genuine tool onto there and I dont want it thank you very much.

Nor do I want IE7 because it'll ruin my setup of having IE6 and 7 on there for checking purposes. (all I use my PC for!)

MI
Back