The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What are some good 101 guides/courses on tracking?

andreyhtone

affiliate
I don't have a lot of technical knowledge and it's hard for me to setup decent tracking system

for example: bing now is not fond of direct linking, so that means I have to put the link to my LP in the ads and send users there at first

so a user comes to my LP where there is a link to my offer, and when he clicks on it....how do i pass the info about him (keyword, device etc) to the aff network so I can track the conversions/clicks later? I have No idea how to do such things

where can i learn that? any 101 courses? maybe there is a mentor who can teach that for some money or something?

What type of budget do you have?

Things like volumm and FunnelFlux are $100 a month!
You can get something like CPVLab for $297 then $147 for updates.

I can't think of any free ones, there is something on code canyon pretty cheap and basic I believe

What type of budget do you have?

Things like volumm and FunnelFlux are $100 a month!
You can get something like CPVLab for $297 then $147 for updates.

I can't think of any free ones, there is something on code canyon pretty cheap and basic I believe
I know what a tracker is, even know free ones but that's not the point

I still don't understand how to pass all the info about the user to the tracker via landing page (original link to a landing doesn't go through tracker because bing as I know doesn't like that atm) So when a user clicks a tracker link on my LP all the info about him won't be tracked (kw, cost of the click etc)

and i don't know how to make such things work

You will need to use the tokens available from Bing and append them to your tracker link, I haven't personally used Bing but here is an example of a campaign link for popads for my tracker (CPVLab)

domain.com/base.php?c=testcampaign&key=QXPpmRRBPO1UidXxTmZzGb0ou&webid=[WEBSITEID]&catid=[CATEGORYID]&bid=[BID]&qual=[QUALITY]

I use the tokens from Popads in the link they past me the requested info.

It will be the same type thing for Bing just different tokens.

Hope that helps?

Looks like this is a list of tokens available from Bing

https:// help.bingads.microsoft.com/#apex/3/en/56799/2/#exp23

delete the space, can't post links yet ;)

You will need to use the tokens available from Bing and append them to your tracker link, I haven't personally used Bing but here is an example of a campaign link for popads for my tracker (CPVLab)

domain.com/base.php?c=testcampaign&key=QXPpmRRBPO1UidXxTmZzGb0ou&webid=[WEBSITEID]&catid=[CATEGORYID]&bid=[BID]&qual=[QUALITY]

I use the tokens from Popads in the link they past me the requested info.

It will be the same type thing for Bing just different tokens.

Hope that helps?
Yeah I get the concept now thanks a lot

The only thing that is not clear for me from technical point of view - where is all that info about that user "stored"?

So a user clicks a bing ads link with all those parameters from tokens are passed to my lp and my google analytics(?) get them(?) or does those parameters "stored" in user's browser and then when he clicks on a link his browser also send that info with the click too?

i am sorry that might sound so stupid but i am 100% noob in this

No question is stupid!
Its all stored in your tracker ;)

The user clicks through your tracker link which in turn displays your LP, storing all that lovely info at the same time

No question is stupid!
Its all stored in your tracker ;)

The user clicks through your tracker link which in turn displays your LP, storing all that lovely info at the same time
Well, here is the point, in bing i need to use DIRECT LP link (not Lp link via tracker) that's what i don't understand

how do i pass that info in such case...

There should be a an option when setting up a campaign in Bing to use a tracking link. Here's a screen shot from AdWords, notice that the display URL is not the same as the tracking one below.

upload_2017-4-20_20-46-34.png

MI
Back