The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What about all these new domains? .xyz etc.

Hambur

affiliate
What do you guys think about all these new domains like .xyz etc. Do you use them or do you stick to .com? Are they bad for SEO or no difference?

I have bought a number of domain names in the new gTLDs.
3 to 6 character domain names (most of them)
All good semantics and brandable.

For SEO most have not been developed globally. .com has had over 20 years of development so there is no point in comparing peaches and old prunes :p Too many people do IMHO.

donkeytube-logo-144.png

This was the most expensive one. $80 premium name

SEO Ranking are mainly depends on your keyword and content that provide in your web. Just that TLD somehow affect the first impression of visitors

basically, new extension domain price is very low.. for selling the first time. that's why buying is very easy.
and the spammer is profitable with this they buying at lower cost and do spamming this ..

SEO is not better for this new domain.

xyz domains don't credible for me. Yes, it doesn't have influence for your ranking, but it makes sense for personal perception. Maybe I'm wrong.

IDK

The idea I am working with is top-of-mind branding
  • buy abcde.xyz
  • buy abcdexyz.com 301 to abcde.xyz
  • create *alphabet soup* content for relevancy :D
^^ just an example of the schema

It may take some years before people do not assume that a domain name is a .com which goes back to the beginning of the interwebs.

.com meant Commercial, .net Networks, .org Organizations.
Then along came the ccTLDs for each country and the 1st level string (of that domains registry) took on semantic or branding meanings like .to etc ...

.xyz has no meaning really ...
Many of the new gTLDs do have meaning to the right of the dot.
In time, with the right content, some gTLDs may do well.

Short domain names = type-ins --and the shorter the URL the better it is for a mobile type-in

Last edited:
.com is always a good idea and should always be considered before anything else. .xyz domain is also a top level domain but not as popular as .net or .org but I don't think it's cool and I don't think it's the future.

Some TLDs have high spammer usage so it is believed that Google and other search engines tend to not favor them, but no one really knows.

TLDs that are the cheapest usually have highest spammer usage (like .TOP) because spammers need hundreds or thousands of domains. So to keep costs down, they go with the cheapest. Since you can get .TOP and .XYZ for $0.99 for the first year, I would just stay away if you want to develop a website and keep for the long term. JMHO.

Also, I agree with Scott that XYZ is cheesy. The only thing good about it is that it is hard to forget.

.xyz is an infamous domain extension that has been used heavily by spammers. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't know that and bought it for good intentions.

Well, it's not about the domain ending, every of them you can rank with seo and other things, and they are not having impact on rank, but xyz looks more scammy than others.

I don't know if this is true or not, but people say that if you use a domain that has a high spammer index, like .XYZ or .TOP, and you use an email address on that domain, your likelihood of your emails going to a spam folder are very high.

These domains are currently in huge demand and they are performing better on the web. But if I say, there is no better domain than .com domain.

Well, unless 3lgoog lies (heaven forbid!); The spam filtering should be based on content then sending server verification and blacklist data.

Search in email? *should be* domain agnostic.

banners
Back