The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

web form help

J

journeys

Hi guys, I run my own website, but am a real amateur.
I had an online form, which has been sending me spam, so I took the form off the site, and all traces of it.
But I am still getting spam emails through the online form.
it looks like the spammers have down loaded my online form page, and it seems they can still send me spam through this.
Anybody any ideas how I can stop this, woud be much apreciated.
richard

Hello Richard, i would let you know the operation of the contact form. There are two seperated parts the first is on clientside, this is the visual surface of the form containing the inputs and the submit buttons, and the other part of the form application run on clientside, which can be php or any other script. Usually the clientside script contains the email address where the requests should be forwarded. I honestly doupt that the removed form would cause you the problem. I can easily imagine that there is some visible mailto link somewhere on your website, or you are only a victim of the different email address generator spamming script. In this case Richard, there is nothing you could do, but you are not alone.:eek:

many thanks

Thanks for that,i will search the site, but i think it is probably the spammer email thing
richard

banners
Back