“mobile”/ adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VPS Problem

Discussion in 'Newbie Helpdesk' started by Neo, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Neo

Neo Affiliate affiliate

Hi guys i have some problems with setting up my VPS...I only used shared hosting before so pls help me with this one. I uploaded my site to domain but i got "Server not found" error and when i visit IP of the site it shows up...So my website is now on address that looks like this 122.149.151.111/~myusername/ Can somebody tell me what im doing wrong?

[​IMG]

2. terraleads
  3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

Did you set the DNS (Domain Name Servers) for the domain? Is the domain registrar the same as your host?

4. Neo

Neo Affiliate affiliate

I dont remember where can i check that? Yes domain name and host are same company...

5. Neo

Neo Affiliate affiliate

Do i need to set it here?

[​IMG]

6. newaff

newaff Affiliate affiliate

Easy fix

so line 1 is

@ A (Address) 122.149.151.111 N/a <--@ is for root domain

line 2

www C Name 122.149.151.111 1440 <- this will make www go and no www work the same

if you still have trouble let me know i can help

also what host is that just wondering

7. Neo

Neo Affiliate affiliate

I cant save changes,it gives me this error..

[​IMG]

8. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

Yeah, you do not usually need to set the A and C records once you have set your DNS.

Which host are you using?

Is the domain we are addressing the primary domain for the hosting account? If it is, it should have been automatically set when you opened the hosting account.

If it is one of your add-on domains, then you simply go to the domain manager and set the DNS there for the add-on domain.

9. Dealdomains

Dealdomains Affiliate affiliate

First you need to register the nameservers with your VPS IPs allocated to you and then assign those nameserver.

Looking at the error I feel you have not registered the nameservers correctly, Have tried contacting your web hosting company ?

10. Neo

Neo Affiliate affiliate

Thanks guys i solved my problem few days ago. I didn't set up nameservers correctly. Thanks again for your time i appreciate it ;)

T J Tutor likes this.

Top Resources

banners