The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Voluum - Aff Network - Traffic Source

JailHouse

When it comes to setting up tracking which involves Voluum, the affiliate network and a traffic source, it can get a little complicated.

There is a place on the affiliate network where you can enter a postback url.

There is a place on voluum where you can enter a postback url in the traffic source setup and at the same time it provides you with a postback url in the settings.

On the traffic source (Ad Network), they can provide a conversion tracking code which can be placed in voluum.

Can someone explain how all 3 connect and what settings go where and how it all ties together so that it all works in harmony?

In my last campaign, I saw conversions within my aff network but my traffic source and voluum did not record these. So I know I am messing up somewhere and so I need to find out how the system works between the 3 entities.

Do you know of a free guide which is available to study how the 3 entities pass info to each other and how the whole thing should be set up for optimum data?

Appreciate the help,

JH

Charles ngo site has a in depth voluum setup manual. Also i think one of the moderators here also has a manual. Im sure both would work well. It is confusing, i don't blame you. Took me like a month to get it to work.

Charles ngo site has a in depth voluum setup manual. Also i think one of the moderators here also has a manual. Im sure both would work well. It is confusing, i don't blame you. Took me like a month to get it to work.

Are you talking about the info he wrote on his site or is it a more in-depth manual available for download?

JH

There is a place on the affiliate network where you can enter a postback url.

There is a place on voluum where you can enter a postback url in the traffic source setup and at the same time it provides you with a postback url in the settings.

On the traffic source (Ad Network), they can provide a conversion tracking code which can be placed in voluum.

Can someone explain how all 3 connect and what settings go where and how it all ties together so that it all works in harmony?

Here is how you setup:

- You get the offer tracking url from your Affiliate Network. You add that to Voluum
- You get a postback url from the traffic source, You add that to Voluum
- Voluum gives you a tracking url when you create the campaign, you add that to your traffic source.
- Voluum gives you a postback url from its settings, you add that to your affiliate network.

Here is how it works:

- User clicks the tracking url given by Voluum and Voluum records a click.
- Voluum now tells your Affiliate Network about the click (by redirecting to the tracking url provided by the affiliate network).
- If the user converts (downloads app etc), your Affiliate network fires the postback url of Voluum.
- Voluum now records the conversion and in turn fires the postback url of your traffic source and a conversion is recorded on your traffic source.

Here is the guide by Charles NGO: The Definitive Guide to Voluum.com - CharlesNgo.com - Advancing Affiliate Marketers
Here is the guide by @servandosilva : Voluum - The Ultimate Guide! | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Hope this clarifies your question :)

banners
Back