The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Very Simple Link Cloaking Technique

ayushpant

affiliate
Hey guys,

Few days back I posted a discussion on link cloaking. I looked into various methods, and this one is by far the easiest. This is the method I learned from Jeremy Palmer's link cloaking video which was recommended here itself by Linda.

Any ways, to cut it short here's the method. There is only 3 lines of code and you can use notepad to save your file as php.:

This is the code:
Code:
<?php
header ('Location:http://www.youraffiliatelink.com');
exit();
?>

Simple 4 Step Process

1. Replace the link "youraffiliatelink.com" with your affiliate code
2. Save file as something called coupon10.php (whatever name you want), make sure you save this file as .php extension
3. Upload this file to your directory on your website e.g www.yourwebsite.com/directory/coupon10.php
4. Link your text like this: www.yourwebsite.com/directory/coupon10.php

And you are done!!!

For some reason my post is not showing the opening php tag. First line of your code should begin with the opening php tag. and the rest of the code is above.

Here's the opening tag (first line)

< ?php

Hi ayushphant,
I went ahead and fixed up your post for you so the code displays properly (and tweaked it a bit).

To add to the discussion, something similar can be accomplished with .htaccess, however, tracking would be sketchy.

Add the following line to your .htaccess file:
Code:
Redirect 302 /affiliatename http://link.to.affiliate/

Then, whenever you wish to redirect people to your affiliate link, just use www.yoursite.com/affiliatename (the directory doesn't even need to exist for this method to work).

I will offer this one caveat: make sure to stay on top of managing your affiliate redirects however you do it. It's very easy to begin losing track of them/keeping them organized when you have a lot of them. (I speak from experience. LOL)

~ Teli

Link masking works only if you're going against simple affiliate thieves.

"Save file as something called coupon10.php"

-I could download your .php file, and open it up in a text editor and see it from there.

Add the following line to your .htaccess file:

-I think the .htaccess file could be downloaded too, and I could swipe your entire list of aff progs.

I think the key is to have a php script which parses the raw link through some form of internal table and redirects using a flag. - so calling on the php might be something like abc.com/redirect.php?=offer34

you might like to google for the "shorturl.php" script, which incorporates clicktracking too.

-
PS: Don't ask me what I used to do before Internet Marketing...

Hi guys,

Sorry for bringing the post back, but i wanted to ask because i didn't understand. As u can see I'm a newbie.
My question is : Can someone steal your affiliate link?

Sorry for bothering
10x

banners
Back