The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

vBSEO required?

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

What do you think about vBSEO, do you think it is a important addition for vBulletin forums, personally I think it is a waste of money -- if you can do something better with the money, do it.

Why do I think it is a waste of money? Personally, It only takes me around ~1hour to get vBulletin at the same stage without vBSEO, minor modifications applied to the forums (mod_rewrite one of them..) and you would be really SE optimized.

What do you think, do you agree or disagree with me?

- Meti

Meti,
I agree with you in some respects, I disagree in other respects. vBSO is a bit over priced (even more expensive than vB license, plus vBSEO want to dictate what you must and must not have in your forum) but on the whole its useful.
Apart from making vB url more SEO friendly, there are many useful function like the social media add on, the , Google site map and a few other useful stuff that come with it.
If its priced about $50 - $70 I will use it for all my other vB forum but at $140 its a bit expensive :(

Meti,
I agree with you in some respects, I disagree in other respects. vBSO is a bit over priced (even more expensive than vB license, plus vBSEO want to dictate what you must and must not have in your forum) but on the whole its useful.
Apart from making vB url more SEO friendly, there are many useful function like the social media add on, the , Google site map and a few other useful stuff that come with it.
If its priced about $50 - $70 I will use it for all my other vB forum but at $140 its a bit expensive :(

Google Sitemap is a free modification offered by them, as far as I'm concerned. However; why provide them a linkback and pay 140 USD it is quite expensive and providing them a linkback, not even the vB software itself has any backlink.

- Meti

Google site map is free but have you tried creating it the way Google want you to? its very very complicated.... but they simplified it for you, you just enter a code and voila its there.
You do not have to provide them a live link back, you can deactivate the link and just have the copyright info, you can also pay to have the copyright removed.

Google site map is free but have you tried creating it the way Google want you to? its very very complicated.... but they simplified it for you, you just enter a code and voila its there.
You do not have to provide them a live link back, you can deactivate the link and just have the copyright info, you can also pay to have the copyright removed.

Does that apply for the vBSEO or the Google sitemap modification?

- Meti

Don't quite understand your question, does what apply?

What I was saying in a nutshell is that vBSEO make adding Google sitemap and Yahoo sitemap to a vBSEO powered forum easy. Same with Google Analytics, just insert you Google Analytics code and that is all. Without vBSEO you have to insert Google analytics into the skin template or use some other crude ways s

Don't quite understand your question, does what apply?

What I was saying in a nutshell is that vBSEO make adding Google sitemap and Yahoo sitemap to a vBSEO powered forum easy. Same with Google Analytics, just insert you Google Analytics code and that is all. Without vBSEO you have to insert Google analytics into the skin template or use some other crude ways s

Sorry, I wasn't very specific, did the backlink removal apply for the vBSEO package or the Google sitemap modification?

- Meti

The backlink applies to vBSEO. You can deactivate the live back link or you can add an affiliate code and leave it live so that you get some commission when someone buys via the link on your site.

To remove backlink from vbSEO I believe they are asking for $140 or so...

The backlink applies to vBSEO. You can deactivate the live back link or you can add an affiliate code and leave it live so that you get some commission when someone buys via the link on your site.

I see, thanks for your information.

To remove backlink from vbSEO I believe they are asking for $140 or so...

I also though they asked for an additional fee to remove the backlink; completly crazy in my opinion, should be optional due to their high price.

- Meti

You can remove the linkback to their site from your footer,
without removing the copyright notice itself.

These are the different variants available to us :
Linked
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.1.0
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Linkback Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0

Not Linked
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0 © 2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0 © 2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.1.0 © 2007, Crawlability, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0 © 2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Linkback Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0 © 2007, Crawlability, Inc.

(I use the non-linked "SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0 ©2007, Crawlability, Inc." version in the footer in my Forum)

Thanx,
Shadab.

banners
Back