The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

USA States Tax Database?

temi

affiliate
I wonder if someone can help me, I need to add USA states tax to and eCommerce application, does a database with sales tax each state put on sales available out there so that I can just plug it into my application?

Thanks in advance

I believe sales tax charged only if you are resident of the particular state and you making purchase from the merchant located in the same state.

If I am in New York and buy stuff over the internet from Martin (he is in California) I do not pay sales tax.

Does this help or you still need state sales taxes?

Thanks skinner, that is very helpful. From the info you provided, it seem it makes sense to just develop a module that allows the store owner to set the state tax without applying any tax to the application by default.

Thanks very much

That is correct - all you need is to set your script for the state where business is located (or licensed to do business).

When buyer fill out order form with his shipping address and it happen to be the same state - script should add local sales tax to the order.

The US government was trying to create some kind of regulations regarding internet sales but so far it's still in the air...

MI
Back