The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

URL Blog Question

buyithere

affiliate
Hi all,

I hope that you are all well. I was wondering if you guys could help me. I am currently in the process of setting up my own shop and I want to run a blog along side it. I was wondering what the best please to put my blog. To get most exsposure. Here is ways that I can see to you it:
  1. www.mydomainname.co.uk/myblogname
  2. www.myblogname.mydomainname.co.uk
  3. or have it on a completely different url
What is going to be the best.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

From
Doug

One and two are more of a personal choice. As far as SEO goes I don't think it makes any difference.

If the blog is about the shop, you should really keep it on the same URL, this way you can blend the blog into the site theme and link from the blog back to your shop and even incorporate "deep link".

This will help your pages get indexed better seeing as when you post on a blog it pings spiders.

KP

Subdomain on directed DNS

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I was looking into number 2 myself so will have to see, as I own the domain name but the DNS is directed to another server (which i don't own) will have to see if I can have a subdomain?

From
Doug

There was talk a while back that Google treated a sub-domain as a different site, not sure whether that holds true today.

They are valid points, however, why use WP? TypePad is just as good in my opinion. If not better for things like this.

Plus a blog is a blog, you can simply create a separate DB from the e-commerce store.

It will act as a stand alone element just like another web page.

KP

You can write you blog at blogger.com as this site offres more traffic and visitors....
my blog get 1000 visitiors daily... and i m happy enuf with this site...provided by google

You can write you blog at blogger.com as this site offres more traffic and visitors....

Lol, I had to read that twice. I didn't think I was out drinking last night :D

Seriously, whoever told that needs their head testing.

You could use blogger I guess but it wouldn't be my first choice.

KP

Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for all your replies. I think that I will read it through wordpress. But put it on a different domain name. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for all your advise.

From
Doug

MI
Back