The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Upsell ideas for emails

I use newsletters associated with my continuity sites. I give recommendations in the news letters that are affiliate offers and linked to my articles on the subject.

Any upsells are controlled by the affiliate offer sales funnel that I am directing the individual to. However, I do promote the upsells in advance when I think it's warranted.

WHat upsells do you dudes send to your list of buyers please?

What sort of data is it? Is it male or female? Or what have they previously purchased/opted into?

For example if it was for male dating leads you could up sell, cams, muscle pill, male enhancement or even offers on how to pick up women.

Or if it was women looking to lose weight you could also upsell skin and beauty offers

If you can share a little bit more info will help :)

What does your affiliate offer in an upsell?

Up-sells and down-sells are handled by the seller (or the advertiser). I simply rotate pertinent banners that I have placed or banners advertisers have placed for a fee. My sites are largely continuity and content sites. I am not selling, up-selling, or down-selling anything in my news letters. I don't think that model would work very well.

Newsletters are not a pitch fest. They are comprised of relative information to the niche that encourages them to visit the site and participate in a discussion, read a new article, get new info on the subject of the site, or maybe introduce the user to something new. I do have some small ads (contextual and banner) in my news letters, but they are discreet and low key.

Up-sells and down-sells are part of the advertisers funnel, not mine. If I choose to endorse a product, then I would likely offer an enhanced view of the up-sells in order to help encourage a purchase.

In "pitch fest emails", where the sole purpose is to garner a sale, then pitching the up-sells are part of the game. But, again, they are in the control of the product seller. As well as the down-sells.

Now, many affiliates create their own products as bonuses to encourage the prospective buyer to purchase the product through their link. Sometimes (often) they just dust off an old product to use as a bonus.

MI
Back