The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Tumblr

bobreynalds

affiliate
I have been giving some thought to my social media marketing strategy and after some research, I thought I would ask if anyone here has utilized Tumblr in any of their marketing campaigns.

I find Tumblr interesting because it incorporates various elements that include Blogging, Video, Text and Photo options for posting. It seems like an ideal avenue to consider. I don't have an exact handle on how I would utilize it or implement a marketing plan with Tumblr, your thoughts, ideas and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tumblr is a great blogging platform but if you are just starting out in building your social presence its better to go with the big players first and then learn and build out from there. Google+ is a lot like Tumblr and let you share all the same types of content and more so that might be a good place to start. Twitter and Facebook could be the next choices and then you can take what you have learned from these efforts to and then determine if Tumblr will add any value to your project goals.

Tumblr is great. I would stress starting out small and focused at first and building it up well. I've seen a recent trend in companies to make sure they have EVERY social networking widget posted & they post "content" regularly, but the content is about a 100 miles wide and 1/4" deep. They haven't taken the time to flesh out any one avenue so that it's done well. I'm guessing they feel pressure to have a presence in every sector of social media. Their FB posts are barely making an impact, their Pinterest boards are boring, twitter comments are general/vague. If you decide that this is an avenue that works for you...or if you decide to go a different route, in my opinion, unique & useful content is the most important thing to keep people coming back again and again.

They have a few different areas to understand, first is you blog, then of course other peoples blogs and there seems to be a newstream of people updates, who I think come from what you appear to like and follow. Its the interaction between these elements that gives it potential. It's all about getting noticed and helping others.

banners
Back