The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Trouble conversion tracking with Voluum + HasOffers based Affiliate Network

I am having trouble setting up conversions for a HasOffer affiliate network and Voluum.

My affiliate network has the postback URL set to voluumurl.com/postback?cid={aff_sub}

I have set the offer URL to affnetworkurl.com/irrelevant code&aff_sub={clickid}

I have attempted setting the offer URL to aff_sub={cid}. It did not work.

I have attempted setting the offer URL to cid={aff_sub}. It did not work.

And yes, I have updated the postback URL on the affiliate network's side each test.

What am I doing wrong? Conversions aren't showing up.

I don't understand how Voluum's postback URL is cid={aff_sub} but I can only return {clickid} placeholders for the offer's URL.

Error log
4wb8IZo.png

Offer page
FeFFiG2.png

Postback URL setup page
oxqwINY.png

Last edited:
I'm really desperate for some help on this issue. I've contacted Voluum and currently waiting for a response. In the meantime this is my outlet for community help.

not familiar with voluum, but just help to head up the post.

btw have you tried subid?

not familiar with voluum, but just help to head up the post.

btw have you tried subid?

What is subid used for exactly? I know it's kind of a wild card for any available placeholders, but I just don't get it. I don't understand placeholder values in depth and it's very annoying because I cannot find any in depth information on how it functions in and out and what it truly means.

Who can tell me, please help me.
Which parameter do you want me add in the end of tracking link? coder network offerslook?
thanks

"My affiliate network has the postback URL set to voluumurl.com/postback?cid={aff_sub}
I have set the offer URL to affnetworkurl.com/irrelevant code&aff_sub={clickid}"

This seems correct. I have exactly the same.
Ensure the "Append click ID to offer URLs" box is NOT ticked at your affiliate network tab setup on voluum.
If that is not it see what the errors tab in Voluum says.

Voluum generates a random id in place of {clickid}.
This is then sent with the offer URL to the network.
At the network this clickId is assigned to the name sub_aff (this name is different on all networks)
When a conversion happens the network sends this same number back via the postback with the name sub_aff.
Voluum then matches the click with that ID (with name sub_aff) to the conversion and know what click caused it.
cid is the name of an INCOMING clickID that caused a conversion

Hope that helps

"My affiliate network has the postback URL set to voluumurl.com/postback?cid={aff_sub}
I have set the offer URL to affnetworkurl.com/irrelevant code&aff_sub={clickid}"

This seems correct. I have exactly the same.
Ensure the "Append click ID to offer URLs" box is NOT ticked at your affiliate network tab setup on voluum.
If that is not it see what the errors tab in Voluum says.

I was going to write this, but decided to delete it. Yes, I have unticked the append clickid to the end of the URL.

I didn't realize there was an errors tab, let me check that out.

Edit: Wow! That is very informational but I have no idea how to fix this.

4wb8IZo.png

Last edited:
Strange. It seems maybe your network is not replacing the tokens with the actual values.
Maybe talk to your affiliate manager at the network and ask him to help you. It might be a problem with the offer who knows.
Sometimes the postback should look like this: voluumurl.com/postback?cid=#aff_sub#
But my network thats a Hasoffers network works fine with voluumurl.com/postback?cid={aff_sub}

I did a little research with the error log information. The {clickid} majority of the time is turned into %7Bclickid%7D
I looked it up and found this

I wonder if there is an issue with this.

O0Lh85G.png

Last edited:
O that could be it. Then a clickID would never have been sent to the network to send back. I have not done a lot of tests like that without an actual conversion.

You can test your postback manually by just putting the postback in your browser URL box and replacing the aff_sub part with a clickID that voluum have generated.

O that could be it. Then a clickID would never have been sent to the network to send back. I have not done a lot of tests like that without an actual conversion.

You can test your postback manually by just putting the postback in your browser URL box and replacing the aff_sub part with a clickID that voluum have generated.

Quick update, I spoke with my affiliate manager and he's saying it's odd as well. I told him I would be using my own device to create a conversion for testing purposes.

I tested the campaign, conversion came through on affiliate network, postback came through on Voluum EXCEPT I have another error.

The error is:

Unexpected HTTP response code: 400

http://trafficnetworkurl.com/pb/?api_key=REMOVED&clickid={clickid}&payout=3.50

It's odd because my traffic network url is cid={clickid} not clickid={clickid} like in the link above.

Last update: Even though I'm getting this error, the lead showed up!

You need to pass

Offerurl/?aff_sub=yiurtrackingtoken

Postback/?conversionid={aff_sub}

For those who prefer to avoid dealing with such problems and manual work and testing, trackingdesk as an API integration with any hasoffers network

See the video here and enjoy the magic:) TrackingDesk Integration with Hasoffers

Integration API pulls all your offer links, conversions and revenues into trackingdesk without having to do much beside copy pasting your API key in your trackingdesk account.

Good luck

The setup looks correct.
if the conversion appears now it should work. Otherwise try passing the token through the affsub2 instead to see if that works, although this is Hasoffers and shouldn't be a problem.

@marketingbro this should work
when adding offer set payout to auto

OfferLink -paste it in your voluum offers
trackinglink.com/aff_c?offer_id=xxxx&aff_id=xxxx&aff_sub=

^ your link from hasoffers then add {clickid} to then of it it should look like this when you add it to your voluum offers

trackinglink.com/aff_c?offer_id=xxxx&aff_id=xxxx&aff_sub={clickid}

PostBack - paste this in your hasoffers network
csoku.voluumtrk3.com/postback?cid={aff_sub}&payout={payout}&txid={transaction}

Last edited:
I've seen affiliate networks using the FIRST (and sometimes even the SECOND) subID for their own purposes and thus disallowing their affiliates to use them. Also (slightly off topic) CAKE does not allow clickIDs in the FIRST subID.

Because of that I recommend this best-practice approach:

"Always put the clickID into the LAST subID that's available."

In case of HasOffers that's &aff_sub5= so here's what I recommend you to try:

(1) Use this format when setting up your HasOffers offers as 'offers' in Voluum:

trackinglink.com/aff_c?offer_id=xxxx&aff_id=xxxx&aff_sub5={clickid}

(2) Configure this format on the HasOffers platform as server-2-server postback URL (this usually needs to be setup on offer level - i.e. for EVERY offer you're promoting - unless you get your aff manager to set it up as GLOBAL postback URL):

YOUR-VOLUUM-ID.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid={aff_sub5}&payout={payout}&txid={transaction_id}

Hope this will resolve the issue :)

banners
Back