The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Trends.Google.com - Websites

Merras

affiliate
Google has a new service within Google Trends - Google Trends for Websites. You can enter a few domains, and you can see a few information, like visitors, "Also visited" sites, "Also searched for" keywords, etc.

What do you think, are these datas fine? Or you have another experience?

trends.google.com/websites (sorry, I have too few posts to create a link).

Seems to be something very very similar to what Compete.com does.

Until it's out of infancy stage it won't be of much use I don't think.

KP

The question is, what are the data sources of Google Trends. Is Google Toolbar sends information, like Alexa Toolbar does? Is Google Trends use Analytics datas (like the Benchmark function of Analytics)? Is Google use AdSense impression datas?

At this stage, you are right - partly. :) Because Compete.com is not so good at small local places - like the Hungarian internet. :)

It could be a combination of all things but I think it's a damn scary thought that Google has unprecedented access to all those mediums to process data and release it to the public.

I vary rarely use any Google scripts/products such as the TB as it is. so I don't think it will represent the "complete" data. I don't think MS, Yahoo! or Ask will be giving Google data freely.

KP

Never heard of Google Trends but it doesn't sound necessary.

I guess your not an internet marketer and don't really know what your visitors are looking for. I mean, you stated on another post that all you do is advertise your site in forum signatures.

If your serious about making a successful site then I would advise looking into web trends.

KP

The question is, what are the data sources of Google Trends. Is Google Toolbar sends information, like Alexa Toolbar does? Is Google Trends use Analytics datas (like the Benchmark function of Analytics)? Is Google use AdSense impression datas?

Maybe from Google Analytics? 'Cause I tried 3 different blogs and it returns no result...

banners
Back