The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

"Transparency"

iReef

affiliate
Not sure what the right term is for it, but basically, I'm wondering if conversions are helped, hurt or neither by mentioning to your visitors that they'll be taken to a "partner site" for more information or to purchase?

Several of my affiliate sites are of the "e-store" variety so I'm thinking a soft mention of a partner site may soften the blow of being taken to a completely different site/URL?

Opinions?

Thanks!

I would be interested to hear what affiliates have to say on this topic too. Could be you just need to do some split testing on your own site, since each site is different. I think comsumers are pretty used to switching sites these days though. Everytime they click a SE link or a link or banner on Yahoo they end up at a different site.

What I would be thinking about is a PRE-sell line to help boost trust and conversions. Just off the top of my head maybe something like "best prices from our preferred partner" or something. Maybe??? Not a suggestion, just a quickie and 1st thing that came to mind.

Thanks Linda, sounds like we are thinking along the same lines. My only problem is I'm not sure I'm getting enough traffic to try a split test and have a reliable sample.

So I was kinda hoping someone had already done it for me. :)

One thing I've started doing is adding a page about partner policies - so for one site using Zappos, it talks about their price guarantee, free shipping and free return shipping. Hopefully that will help conversions on several levels.

Testimonials are also really good for conversions. The merchant usually has some in their site or you can find on Bizrate or Epinions sometimes.

banners
Back