The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Traffic source options for pay per call outside of search?

ringpartner

affiliate
I have seen a lot of talk about search traffic on here, but not much else. Is anyone testing pay per call on other traffic sources other than adwords and bing? Search has obviously been a big part of pay per call for a long time, but over the last 6 months more traffic sources have been emerging as big opportunities.

Here are a couple I would recommend for anyone looking to test something new:

Facebook Newsfeed:
News article angle works well. "Single mom finds a way to write off over $16,000 in credit card debt and now she's sharing her secret". Try to work the phone number into the content, or at least avoid big "call now" buttons. Needs to appear somewhat natural.

PPV/CPV:
Not just for tech support anymore! Lower competition targets for niche verticals. Walk In Tubs, Legal, Plumbers, etc. "Attention visitor: You may qualify for special promotions", "Call within the next 5 minutes", etc. The usual stuff. Extremely high conversion rates and very impressive ROI in most cases.

Has anyone seen much success outside of search yet?

- Jon

I've done some testing lately with pay per call and found that Adwords out performs everything. I tried a number of traffic sources. In the end I paid a premium for my ads on Google, but my ROI was triple of that of any other source. I was in the red with all campaigns except with Adwords.

Before you start saying Google hates affiliates, I can tell you it appears that they love Pay per Call Advertisers. I think it's because we don't use cheesy bridge pages, no one is cloaking, we aren't redirecting. None of that, we are getting folks to call and the number is in the ad.

I have learned this year that Google loves me again, as long as I stick with Pay Per Call and Cost Per Sale models.

Give it a try.

Really interested in learning more about making pay per call work outside of adwords...because I simply can't get my account back (direct linked with my affiliate link to an advertiser's site, Google wants me to make changes to the target ite in order to reinstate my account but that is of course not possible).

Tried CPV in the past but could barely break even. Guess I don't have the interruption marketing gene in me. Plus campaigns like dentist etc. don't really lend themselve to shock marketing?

Facebook newsfeed, the ad would have to go to some kind of lander I guess? Because putting the number somewhere into the ad content will probably get ignored by most.

Any other mobile search networks than Adwords? There is bing but the volume is so much lower...

Really interested in learning more about making pay per call work outside of adwords...because I simply can't get my account back (direct linked with my affiliate link to an advertiser's site, Google wants me to make changes to the target ite in order to reinstate my account but that is of course not possible).

Tried CPV in the past but could barely break even. Guess I don't have the interruption marketing gene in me. Plus campaigns like dentist etc. don't really lend themselve to shock marketing?

Facebook newsfeed, the ad would have to go to some kind of lander I guess? Because putting the number somewhere into the ad content will probably get ignored by most.

Any other mobile search networks than Adwords? There is bing but the volume is so much lower...

PPV isn't for everyone, but there are publishers running PPV traffic to pay per call campaigns.

Facebook traffic is working best for student loan debt. You will have to drive traffic to a landing page and get users to pick up the phone and make a call.

Bing does work, it may have lower traffic, but publishers do run there with success. This might be a decent option for you. Other than that, check out 7Search or Yahoo stream ads.

Best of luck!

Hi,

I'm already regstered on Ring Partner, I would be interested to try PPV traffic for pay per call campaigns. However I cannot see which of the campaigns available allows this. Are there any restrictions on the campaigns?

Thanks

It does depend on the campaign, each one has different restrictions. But, look to see if "Software" is checked, that's what we consider to be PPV or Pops.

-Mike

MI
Back