The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Tracking services and their A/B or MV testing

SirOdds

Noob alert!

Prepp'ing my blueprint and budgetting to deploy! Meaning, I've yet to contract a paid service and figure it out myself :oops: Hope to find some light here...

So... many-a-tracker offers A/B testing... some say they also test & rotate. How is this possible? I saw a webinar recently when the guy used the tracker to modify and split. Maybe he was using tracker-hosted LP's, can't remember to be honest. I assumed so. But now I see the message below and am confused

Be it WP or HTML, how is this possible? How can a tracker override the LP self-hosted code and modify it, and present it to the target?

I saw this on the Clickmeter page while checking their offer

CAk95Cc.png

Hello Noob, welcome to tracking. One of the most important part of online and offline marketing.

All and most trackers will have "Multivariate and A/B Testing"

When you setup a campaign in a tracker, you will create campaign tracking link. With this link you will be able send visitors to your Landing page or Landing page A and or B.

Example of A/B landing page campaign testing, this setup path is simple to setup and will split your traffic evenly.
LP 1 and 2 setup
OWoSvKl.png

RHH1JQr.png

From here we will setup the flow path for your campaign. We are going to split test your landing pages 1 and 2 as you see weight is set to 50%.

fk4ABpG.png

Campaign URL that will redirect visitors accordingly, and we accomplish a/b Landing page testing. (this can be down via WP or HTML and similar setup for the offer a/b testing)

E6lcO6r.png

As for MV testing, we use like to use the campaign URL tracking tokens to pass data to the tracker.

With this simple example we can track banner a/b or textad a/b. You would need to setup custom parameters

VxrQ1Ec.png

Most traffic sources will dynamically insert banner id and other tracking tokens, but here we will manually change them to report to our reports to relate to our test.

Banner 1 or textad1
http://xxxxx.bemobtrk.com/go/n188a5ba-fd20-76t0-b5ce-5a3e2eef4432?banner=banner1&textad=textad1

Banner 2 or textad2
http://xxxxx.bemobtrk.com/go/n188a5ba-fd20-76t0-b5ce-5a3e2eef4432?banner=banner2&textad=textad2

And so on.

Hope this helps, let the community know If you need any more help.

@java ... thanks mate! But that is not exactly what I mean. I perfectly understand the concept of A/B + tracker setup. Just need to actually do it, but that's another story.

I'm talking about off-server modifications and rotations. I've seen it again just now, with another service (still in beta and beta-sign-up has a long waiting list, dont bother)

In this video you'll see the guy upload two LPs to his server, but then use the tracker to alter the copy and images on the fly to test. It's a usual tutorial style video, go over to around minute 8 to see what I mean.

And it doesnt look like an LP builder, because he says so directly, no download of new version and upload to server, and have the tracker redirect to individual folders & track. It's all done withing the platform. I am confused! This is not a hosted service. He is using his own server uploading through FileZilla

Let me know what you think

Most of us build several versions of the LP's and set the tracker to rotate them. I always use a minimum of 5 LP variations to test. You are over thinking this. You are asking how they do it, it doesn't matter how at this point in your learning curve, you just need to know you can and that it is easy.

Pick a tracker, there are many great ones. AdsBridge , Voluum, ThriveTracker, Funnel Flux, and many more. They all have representatives here that are very helpful and they all have rotators. Learn to use the software, it's not as challenging as you are making it out to be.

For a landing page builder, try
pagesource built by our forum owners or PureLander by @tyoussef !

to
Most of us build several versions of the LP's and set the tracker to rotate them. I always use a minimum of 5 LP variations to test. You are over thinking this. You are asking how they do it, it doesn't matter how at this point in your learning curve, you just need to know you can and that it is easy.

Pick a tracker, there are many great ones. AdsBridge , Voluum, ThriveTracker, Funnel Flux, and many more. They all have representatives here that are very helpful and they all have rotators. Learn to use the software, it's not as challenging as you are making it out to be.

For a landing page builder, try
pagesource built by our forum owners or PureLander by @tyoussef !

I know what you mean, 'thats not the point... It's just that I really need to understand the mechanisms otherwise I can't sleep :ninja: My mind keeps bugging me until it gets satisfied.

That post was almost a week ago and I'm not strung up on it, don't worry.

T J - I've got it all covered. I'm basically ready to take action. Using Clickmeter as it has a free tier to practice and test setting up all the links and grabbing data. I'd like to practice setting up a campaign and monitor/spy/rotate etc.
What would you suggest as being the dirtiest cheapest traffic source possible? I really don't care about ROI, I'd just like practice at the lowest cost possible and once I've thrown the rod into the pond a few times... then put on some proper "fish bait". I'm on an extremely limited budget so I'm making every single move count

As soon as I get over this milestone I'm subb'ing up for the Verified Membership to better talk with the big boys ;)

Either / or. I'll have to try both eventually. Obviously mobile holds more promise for the future, and I'm not picky right now.

For a cheap traffic sources that services both desktop and mobile, 7Search & Bing.

For mobile only, perhaps PopAds, PopCash, InMobi, Go2Mobi, BuzzCity, ZeroPark, PlugRush, AirPush, LeadBolt Adfonic, AdMarvel, AdMob, Admoda, AirPush, Buzzcity, maybe even DTNX.

Facebook can be cheap as well as Bing when it comes to desktop. It will depend on the offers. Yandex is good for Russian offers.

Just want to get my hands dirty with the minimum loss possible

Do me and yourself a favor. Get that word "loss" out of your vocabulary when discussing ROI, new campaigns, scaling, testing, and so on. It's one of those over used and abused words on our side of the business. You are not losing anything, you are buying data! This never stops, no matter your level of experience. All of us, everyone of us, spends money to buy data to figure out the schematics for our campaigns.

For a cheap traffic sources that services both desktop and mobile, 7Search & Bing.

For mobile only, perhaps PopAds, PopCash, InMobi, Go2Mobi, BuzzCity, ZeroPark, PlugRush, AirPush, LeadBolt Adfonic, AdMarvel, AdMob, Admoda, AirPush, Buzzcity, maybe even DTNX.

Facebook can be cheap as well as Bing when it comes to desktop. It will depend on the offers. Yandex is good for Russian offers.

Do me and yourself a favor. Get that word "loss" out of your vocabulary when discussing ROI, new campaigns, scaling, testing, and so on. It's one of those over used and abused words on our side of the business. You are not losing anything, you are buying data! This never stops, no matter your level of experience. All of us, everyone of us, spends money to buy data to figure out the schematics for our campaigns.

Ah yes. Mindset change to start off with!! Thank you TJ, many many thanks!

So... many-a-tracker offers A/B testing... some say they also test & rotate. How is this possible? I saw a webinar recently when the guy used the tracker to modify and split. Maybe he was using tracker-hosted LP's, can't remember to be honest. I assumed so. But now I see the message below and am confused...

I think it is the same webinar I saw as well. He was using a new tracker (which was in Beta version) so it is not yet available to everybody. This tracker allowed him to do multivariation of testing that he could in the tracker itself changed some words in the landing pages or button colours etc. No need to go to LP tool and create another LP change it there and save it. It allowed him to do this in the tracker. I think this new tracker has probably LP tool built in as for example Adsbridge tracker has. Hoewer in Adsbridge it is not possible to do multivariation testing only A/B testing...In Adsbridge the LP are hosted there.

So... many-a-tracker offers A/B testing... some say they also test & rotate. How is this possible? I saw a webinar recently when the guy used the tracker to modify and split. Maybe he was using tracker-hosted LP's, can't remember to be honest. I assumed so. But now I see the message below and am confused...

I think it is the same webinar I saw as well. He was using a new tracker (which was in Beta version) so it is not yet available to everybody. This tracker allowed him to do multivariation of testing that he could in the tracker itself changed some words in the landing pages or button colours etc. No need to go to LP tool and create another LP change it there and save it. It allowed him to do this in the tracker. I think this new tracker has probably LP tool built in as for example Adsbridge tracker has. Hoewer in Adsbridge it is not possible to do multivariation testing only A/B testing...In Adsbridge the LP are hosted there.

This is not true. We offer many ways to split test (including adding multiple landing pages and offers).

We have addd some new features as well (split paths and flows!). They allow for even more ways to split.

Read more here: [RELEASE] Flows and Split Paths Are Now Here!

Ask me if you have any more questions!

-Zach

MI
Back