The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Tracking Links Prosper202; 7Search to Peer Fly.

olleper

affiliate
Looks like we have a Prosper202 Genius here in "prosper202guide" ? :)

I have just linked a couple of campaigns to start tracking with P202.

Previously I used these 3 "7Search-tokens"; ###KEYWORD###&subid2=###AFFID###&subid3=###RID###
And they worked fine in Peer Fly.

I now shifted them over to Prosper202 here; 421&s1=[[subid]]&s2=[[c1]]&s3=[[c2]]&s4=AmoLatino204

This created a mess in the PeerFly reports.
And it doesn't give me any Keywords in Prosper202.

Olle..
PS. I have data in a text file and screen shots, can I send those privately here?

When you create your link leave the C variables empty:

Then, all you need to do is add this to the end of your P202 link:
###KEYWORD###&c1=###AFFID###-###RID###

That'll pass the AFFID-RID that you'll use to blacklist bad sources into c1 and your keyword into the kw variable.

You will only see the Click ID in the first SubID on PeerFly, but you should see all your data on Prosper202.

Luke's the Peerfly expert (i've never run a Peerfly campaign) but if you were previously using this query string to feed data into Peerfly:

###KEYWORD###&subid2=###AFFID###&subid3=###RID###

and you wanted to do exactly the same with a p202 link, then you could write your tracking URL query string like this:

t202kw=###KEYWORD###&c1=AmoLatino204&c2###AFFID###&c3=###RID###

i'm assuming that AmoLatino204 is a demographic and that ordering data by the demographic in this campaign might be desirable in p202.

then for the Peerfly Affiliate URL you'd write the query string like this:

s1=[[subid]]&s2=[[c2]]&s3=[[c3]]&s4=[[c1]]

that's assuming you want the data in Peerfly to look the way it did previously.

if you use all c1, c2, c3 shown here then in p202 you can order the data by c1 (demographic?), c2 (publisher), and c3 (site)

OR if the demographic is much less important than the publisher/site info then you could assign the data to a different set of "c" variables and put the demographic info last.

PLUS you could just bundle publisher and site info the way Luke suggests and put it all into the one "c" variable. just depends on how you want the "c" data to be organized in p202 and what you feel is worth breaking out into separate tracking variables.

also, if for some reason you didn't want to pass the tracking data to Peerfly, but you want to ensure you can track the conversions, then you'd just use this for your Affiliate URL query string:

s1=[[subid]]

of course, you should also either be grabbing the converting subids from Peerfly and dumping them into p202 to see conversions OR using the postback URL mechanism to automatically update p202 with the conversion data from Peerfly.

and yes. you're correct. i am the Prosper 202 Genius.

Thanks for that Luke
Will go and amend the links now.

As you probably noticed though, I always have another question.

When running multiple campaigns on the same offer...
Are there a possibility to identify which campaign are sending clicks within PeerFly?

Have a great one....

Olle..

Thanks Genius! :)

Great answer with many options, probably need a few days for testing....
No doubt I have a lot of questions for you while I'm getting up to speed here.

First thing is to go back to basics, getting the Keywords coming through with 100% accuracy.
(Initially I had 90% clicks with "no keyword.)

From Luke's string, and this P202 comment; "c1-c4 variables must be no longer than 350 characters."
I gather that the [[subid]] placeholder will always provide the keyword - and then I can ad the "c's" any way I like?

I have to great answers and a lot to work with guys!!!! THANKS

Have a great day!

Olle...

the [[subid]] token is replaced by the numeric Prosper 202 click ID.

t202kw is the keyword variable and there is no token to pass it through to the affiliate network. if you want to do that (for whatever reason) then you stuff the keyword into one of the "c" variables as well as into t202kw. that way you can pass it on in the Affiliate URL. not that you would normally want to do that...

Hi Genius.

Ahh, that must explain why I got a 4-digit ID popping up in my PeerFly reports.
I was adding the [[subid]] token to all my links.

And there are no reason to have the Keyword both in P202 and the Affiliate Network, as long as I can see it somewhere.
I've been working with the Affiliate Networks only, and have to "get the brain with me over to prosper202" now.

Working with PeerFly I had KEYWORD, AFFID and RID in their report, I could then block poorly performing referer with these ID's.

Now I see this referer in Prosper 202 - multifinder5.biz - about 90% of clicks come s from this one - and no conversions.
I have now gone back to 7Search to figure out how to block this site.

Is this on the track?

Cheers for now...

Olle..

One more, Genius and Luke.
(Have another superman here "TJ" I believe, he was very helpful with the setup of P202)

I saw some confusion "G" about my intention - and it's correct, I am confused - and therefore confusing - :) :) isn't that where we suppose to start?

I will play around with your great suggestions above over the weekend, and probably learn a lot out of that.

After that I can outline my intention, my ideas about the tracking I want to achieve, how much I can block keywords and referrers without sabotaging the campaigns.
(Sometimes it seems like I optimize a converting campaign - and it dies totally with less clicks and no conversions at all.)

Hopefully you can let me know if I'm on track or totally on the wrong path.

All the best friends..

Olle..

Hi Guys

OK, Luke's link's works fine.

The "S1", "S2" and the "S3" in the PeerFly reports are now empty, so I'm sending no data back there.
The Keywords, Referrer and IP are all coming through in Prosper 202.

QUESTIONS;
Are there any way I can convert a referrer URL like this; "multifinder5.biz" into this; " 72429-9232-19640980 ???
Can I see the country code3s somewhere in the Prosper 202 reports?

Seems like I'm progressing here... :)

Cheers

Olle..

isn't s1 the subid that you want to record in Peerfly so you can figure out which clicks lead to a conversion? if so, should be empty.

Prosper doesn't do any reverse lookup on domain names. if you want that kind of information you need to send your click from the ad to a script that does the lookup and then adds it to the tracking URL as a "c" variable. more trouble than it's worth is my guess.

Hi Genius.

isn't s1 the subid that you want to record in Peerfly so you can figure out which clicks lead to a conversion? if so, should be empty.

Doesn’t look like I need much in PeerFly now, I have the information in P202;
(I have the Country ID in PeerFly which was handy as I could see that non English speaking countries didn’t give me any conversions.)

I have the Keyword listing, enable me to filter as I like.
The Ad ID (Nickname) is listed so I can see what ad is working, and which are not.

I have the referrer URL, and if I can’t referee it back to the numbers (7Searc AffID and RID; 72429-9232-19640980.) I can always tell 7Search to block a poorly performing URL.

And I have the Click-IP-Address.

Prosper doesn't do any reverse lookup on domain names. if you want that kind of information you need to send your click from the ad to a script that does the lookup and then adds it to the tracking URL as a "c" variable. more trouble than it's worth is my guess.

Yep – don’t want to go there….

One problem remains though;
How can I get the conversion reporting back into P202?
Have I stuffed up something with the Pixel script or Postback code there?

Thanks a lot for your help Mate!!!!

Cheers

yes, you need the subid to always go to your CPA network else they cannot tell you which clicks lead to a conversion. i think i must have meant to say that s1 should NOT be empty in your Peerfly reports :) do like Luke says, set up your Prosper 202 global postback URL and add it to your Peerfly account so they can report back the converting subids.

banners
Back