The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Tracking a website not a single Lander

atanasova

affiliate
Hello, I am advertising my webiste full of offers via Google AdWords. The problem is that once my visitors land let say on my homepage can go on a different page of my website and convert their. Which tracking tool can help me track proparly my website?

Hello, I am advertising my webiste full of offers via Google AdWords. The problem is that once my visitors land let say on my homepage can go on a different page of my website and convert their. Which tracking tool can help me track proparly my website?
Hey, atanasova!
You can definetely try AdsBridge. We provide automatic optimization and lots of other features, you will like.
Test it for free AdsBridge - Next generation tracker and landing page builder!

Is it going to work for websites like for exampe this on top10newbingosites. co. uk, once you land on the homepage you can go to a second page, let me say paypal bingo and conver their. Can this be set to work with AdsBridge?

Is it going to work for websites like for exampe this on top10newbingosites. co. uk, once you land on the homepage you can go to a second page, let me say paypal bingo and conver their. Can this be set to work with AdsBridge?
Hey, atanasova !

It depends on the ability of PayPal to redirect user back to your website.
Let me explain the flow, please:
User comes to your target website (target.com) tries to make a conversion and finally he's redirected to the PayPal payment page. When the conversion occurs, user should be redirected back to target.com to the page, where you can place our pixel to track conversions.

I guess I was unclear. A user land on the homepage of my website using Google Adwords- page with let say 15 offers then via the navigation of my homepage go to another page of my site with more offers and convert there. There is an option from the lander/landing page to go to different pages of my site and convert there.

But I need to track my affilaite commissions/ comversions. Google Analytics will show me just the path of the visitor, but not where the conversion is coming. What is specific about my landing page is that it is an affilaite wall/porta/ but after landing on the homepage the visitor can go to another page of my website that have different affiliate offers. You can check the image.

Attachments

• best bingo.jpg
    best bingo.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 12
Hi atanasova. There are very many tools and agencies that have come up with software that will help you manage the traffic and keep a clear track on every visit of the site. Personally, I have been using the trial of adbridge and honestly they are working well on my part. I am even planning to make a purchase once done. However, you need not to be limited in options. Do a research to find other alternatives. My option may not be the best for you...

hi @atanasova - What you need is a way to track both paid but organic traffic, which is exactly one of the features trackingdesk provides. If you need more information about this and how to set it up, you are welcome to reach our support who will help you set up your website.
regards,

I suggest you use Google Analytics so you may know what is exactly going on so you will easily found which page you have to optimize and which is not

The question whether google analytics or a tracking software should be used is often raised. To make a long story short here is what I feel are the main differences between those applications and why the fact that they serve a different purpose defines the reason to use or not each one of them.

1. Google Analytics provides you with segmented information related to the origin of the the visitors and the behavior of these visitors on your webisite (and a lot more)

2. A tracking software provides the ability to build campaigns that redirect traffic to specific landing pages based on criterias such as (geo, language, time, OS, browsers, keywords), rotate landing pages (and/or direct offer links) and collect conversion information from third party sites, affiliate programs or ad servers. Reporting / analytics information associated with such campaigns are built to provide performance information rather than behavioral (behavioral = number of pages views, browsing funnel, time spent on site, returning vs new visitor etc..).

In my opinion, both applications can and should be used if the affiliates promotes a website (as opposed to landing page). The reason being that the affiliate will want to analyse the behavior of the visitors on the website in order to gain insights on what are the best browsing patterns users take prior to leaving the site - leave by clicking on an offer url or simply leaving due to lack of interest.
Google analytics or any other analytics software should do that job.

In addition, using a tracking software will provide the affiliates with performance, conversion and financial information the website generates which will complete the big picture and allow the affiliate to have the full information required to understand the value of its traffic.

As for the specific requirement raised by @atanasova:
Tracking software are normally used to track direct offer links or landing pages + offer links, and lack the ability to track organic traffic.

Indeed, as opposed to a landing page that is normally accessed only via a campaign URL, a website can be accessed organically and therefore the visitor lacking the campaign information that is normally gathered upon click on a campaign URL and via cookie, will not be able to be tracked and the CTA information will lack and consequently user will not be able to be tracked

For this specific requirement, we have developped a feature that allows via a script placed on the website, to also track organic traffic.

Hopefully, this will clarify this issue and if you have any questions, you can always reach out to me.

banners
Back