The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Thoughts on this news? Luke?

"And the paid-traffic shall inherit the internet", heh. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't even bother with facebook fanpages to begin with. Even though I'm sorry for those affiliates, and small businesses, who facebook is giving the shaft big time. But this really shouldn't come as surprise, or the changes Google does to make organic less & less revelant. There is no free lunch. That's one of the reasons I focus on paid traffic only. So I'm not really losing any sleep over it. But I kinda do about the "Guardians of the Galaxy" coming movie. And about facebook, well, as we already know, "What a bunch of A-holes".

Cheers & good luck.

[video=youtube;pTZ2Tp9yXyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM[/video]

"And the paid-traffic shall inherit the internet", heh.

Yep, paid traffic is the best at this point. The free methods today don't carry the weight they once did.

Give them the car and make them buy the pass code to the gas cap for $20k!

The traffic that one could develop for free with any of these big companies was always going away. It was only a matter taking the time to build up their base and the demand before taking away the method and forcing us to pay. This is the way of things. Give it away until they are hooked, then make them work for it, pay for it, and suffer for it. Reminds me of the heroin dealers! The early adopters in this business all pushed the "freeline" (and still do) for this very reason. Look back at your Kern, Pagan, Jenkins, Filsaime, Deiss, Pierce, Marshall, Sanders, Walker, Reese, etc., videos and you will see this "freeline" to get them hooked strategy has always been the "way of the warrior" in this business and they didn't invent it. Product owners have used some level of this long before the net came around. Hell, I used it back in the late '70's and through the '80's in my mainframe and mini-mainframe supply side business.

What is missing today in this environment is the lack of loyalty for customer retention and the lack of consideration for those of us that helped them get where they are. Example, I have had accounts a Network Solutions since their inception and they reward me for it. You will never get that type of support from Google, Bing, FB, Twitter, or any of these big guys because they are being taken over and run by corporate leaders that say "fuck them if they don't like it" when in conversations about the little guys like us!

Last edited:
I also always believed paid traffic is the best way to move forward. Facebook ads is working great for me at the moment and Facebook also wants the money from people getting traffic for free. Thankfully never got too involved with making a fan page.

I tried an experiment this weekend adding new likes to a page, paid 0.20 per like and my status's only touched 10%.

This could just be due to Q1 ending and the new algorithm but eh!

For months now big brands have been complaining that they're only reaching 6% of their fans or less. I'm still reaching 25-50% of my audience on average WITH EVERY SINGLE POST.

If Facebook does decide to get rid of organic reach moving forward then I will figure out my next approach and how I can continue to grow and monetize my audience. I already have a retargeting list of about 50,000 people from one Page, a mailing list of over 75,000 for another, and a website getting 250,000 pageviews a month for one. Where are people going to be able to find the content from my niche if it's not in their Facebook News Feed? My site! I'll make more money off them that way anyway :)

My hope is that Facebook backs down on this and everyone who's "happy they didn't get involved with Facebook Pages" stays away so there's less competition so I can continue to dominate Facebook News Feeds :D

This month the photos published by FPTraffic have been viewed 144,837,396 times on Facebook.

That's an increase of 33.4%. Obviously new Pages were added to FPTraffic, but as long as we're reaching more people each month, I think there's little we can complain about :)

For months now big brands have been complaining that they're only reaching 6% of their fans or less. I'm still reaching 25-50% of my audience on average WITH EVERY SINGLE POST.

If Facebook does decide to get rid of organic reach moving forward then I will figure out my next approach and how I can continue to grow and monetize my audience. I already have a retargeting list of about 50,000 people from one Page, a mailing list of over 75,000 for another, and a website getting 250,000 pageviews a month for one. Where are people going to be able to find the content from my niche if it's not in their Facebook News Feed? My site! I'll make more money off them that way anyway :)

My hope is that Facebook backs down on this and everyone who's "happy they didn't get involved with Facebook Pages" stays away so there's less competition so I can continue to dominate Facebook News Feeds :D

This month the photos published by FPTraffic have been viewed 144,837,396 times on Facebook.

That's an increase of 33.4%. Obviously new Pages were added to FPTraffic, but as long as we're reaching more people each month, I think there's little we can complain about :)

Well I'm glad you mention these numbers, cause it means FPT+your methods are no longer an "optional" tool, to enter or explode the fanpage game, but ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, if you actually wanna have great sucess with facebook pages. Cause the big drop in fanbase reach is a fact, even for huge companies, and this means, FPT can actually counter the awfui trolling fb unleashed on merchants & affiliates alike.

So have you thought about taking this angle, and promote it to everyone who has facebook pages, and been screwed up by this changes? Maybe including small/medium/big businesses. Cause I think it may have way more potential than the affiliate space only. Maybe you are doing so already and maybe I just don't know what the hell I'm talking about heh. Either way, great luck and profits Luke-man and all the facebook page ninjas :ninja:.

Cheers :cool:

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how are things going today? Have you paid Facebook for anything other than your initial likes?

Thanks Luke.

James

Last edited:

Forgive mefor my ignorance, bow how are things going today? Are you paying Facebook for anything other than your initial paid likes?

Thanks Luke.
James

James

Forgive mefor my ignorance, bow how are things going today? Are you paying Facebook for anything other than your initial paid likes?

Thanks Luke.

James

I haven't been running any Facebook Ad campaigns at all lately. My Pages are all still doing pretty well. I'm actually planning to launch a Teespring campaign this week and I'll be posting about it on the Teespring forum here :)

This page has 449,000 Likes and I'm getting great reach daily:

Vkd.png

Post consistent good content and you'll still get reach. I added the ability to post YouTube videos to FPTraffic last week and I'm releasing a new feature this week that'll make finding content a lot easier too. Pages are far from dead :)

MI
Back