The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

These Are Probably Lots of Stupid Questions, But?

apothecaryblend

affiliate
Ok ? so I am totally new to affiliate marketing (I?m a merchant) and I?ve got lots of questions. I?m not really sure if affiliate marketing is the way to go for us, but I figured it couldn?t hurt to try it. These are my questions:

1. We?ve signed up with ClixGalore. I?ve read marginally bad things about them. Was that a mistake? If so, what other services are available and at what price? Also, is it ClixGalore who could possibly be the problem or is it merchants that don?t pay affiliates?

2. Our product sells for $49 ? and we?re offering 30% commission with tiers up to 40%. How does this compare to other beauty product programs?

3. What are the best ways to find good affiliates? We?re not interested in just driving traffic or being advertised on spam sites.

4. What are the ?best practices? for top affiliate programs?

5. When you offer a commission per sale incentive, how could a program run into fraud? I don?t really understand that part. If the sale is made and the product is paid, where is the potential fraud? Stolen credit cards or something?

Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok ? so I am totally new to affiliate marketing (I?m a merchant) and I?ve got lots of questions. I?m not really sure if affiliate marketing is the way to go for us, but I figured it couldn?t hurt to try it. These are my questions:

1. We?ve signed up with ClixGalore. I?ve read marginally bad things about them. Was that a mistake? If so, what other services are available and at what price? Also, is it ClixGalore who could possibly be the problem or is it merchants that don?t pay affiliates?

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

Linda can help you with your first question, she's specialized in this sort of stuff ;)

Free Consultation

Merchants Call for a Free Phone Consultation

2. Our product sells for $49 ? and we?re offering 30% commission with tiers up to 40%. How does this compare to other beauty product programs?

Very well.

3. What are the best ways to find good affiliates? We?re not interested in just driving traffic or being advertised on spam sites.

Good commission structure and tracking system, a good affiliate network also has a good tracking system.

4. What are the ?best practices? for top affiliate programs?

Good support, questions need to be answered in a timely manor, the quicker the better.
Available Creatives.
No issues with payments.

Various payment options, Paypal, etc.

5. When you offer a commission per sale incentive, how could a program run into fraud? I don?t really understand that part. If the sale is made and the product is paid, where is the potential fraud? Stolen credit cards or something?

Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here is a thread that will shed some light on this.

Good luck!

Hi apothecaryblend,

Welcome to 5 Star. I'm sorry I missed this post, I've been really sick all week and could barely keep up with the forum.

Edwin, thanks so much for helping out and answering questions.

apothecaryblend, since you have lots of questions a free consult would be the best way I could help. I'm still sick, so feel free to call me next week. I do free consults from 1-3 PDT.

What a fantastic looking mask. Hahaha I want to try one out =0). Yes you made a large mistake going with a CPA network. You would have done much better on a smaller affiliate network like Share a Sale.

They have a one time set up fee of $350 with a minimum of $100 deposit for affiliate payments. They are also very easy to set up on and offer a ton of support etc....

If you want to find good affiliates, search google for sites that have similar products, promote similar products etc... You can also buy ad space or hire OPM firms to help you or manage the program for you.

You can easily be ripped off by adserving software apps within this niche if you do not know how to watch out for them.

Your product may also do well in SCEs. You may want to look into them as an alternate channel too.

MI
Back