The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

the end of mobile apps?

Eugine Dychko

affiliate
We struggle to get app noticed and downloaded, while most smartphone users ignore the whole concept of app stores. Comscore claims that 65% of people don`t download apps at all, and 42% of people spend their time in one app.

Pretty scary, huh?

And it`s about to get worse. Jamie Carter in Techradar speculate whether mobile apps will be replaced by digital assistants in the nearest future. Smart agents and virtual personal assistants (like Siri) will handle all mobile interactions, using suggestions and user preferences. This assistance won't be based on one device, rather cloud and combined devices.

With IoT and cloud-based technologies, it may be better to create one single-codebase website than several native apps. Plus Google index apps and letting users stream apps that they do not have installed on their smartphones. This means even less installs then now.

How do you think this mobile app ecosystem will change?

We struggle to get app noticed and downloaded, while most smartphone users ignore the whole concept of app stores. Comscore claims that 65% of people don`t download apps at all, and 42% of people spend their time in one app.

Pretty scary, huh?

And it`s about to get worse. Jamie Carter in Techradar speculate whether mobile apps will be replaced by digital assistants in the nearest future. Smart agents and virtual personal assistants (like Siri) will handle all mobile interactions, using suggestions and user preferences. This assistance won't be based on one device, rather cloud and combined devices.

With IoT and cloud-based technologies, it may be better to create one single-codebase website than several native apps. Plus Google index apps and letting users stream apps that they do not have installed on their smartphones. This means even less installs then now.

How do you think this mobile app ecosystem will change?
One thing you need to know is that it is never an enjoyable experience downloading an application that is 1gb is size. The time it takes and every the storage volume in they device is wanting. We can not have all the applications being installed in the smartphones. It is a good idea if they introduce cloud based apps that can be used without having to download them. It saves on both data and even the storage space. An application running on cloud makes it run independent from the suer phone and thus increased optimization

There are more than 150,000 apps on Google Play, alone. It can be really difficult to stand out in a sea of other apps, for sure.

Like @Dr. Forum pointed out, some of them are bloatware and hog most of a phone's resources. I'm having that problem right now and I have only downloaded one game - it's using >1GB of my storage and I only have 1.6G to begin with!

Personally, I'd prefer to be able to play online and reclaim my storage.

I assume if apps start to become passe, developers will come up with a way for people to use their software via cloud or whatever. That will likely open up a whole new market, just as the app stores did.

The barrier to create a digital asset (website, mobile app) is so low that we are now just going to have to live with fragmentation. Sure- the top players will make a huge portion of the money but because that's where consumers spend their time here will always be app developers / web publishers creating more and more content/apps for people to use, so that they can potentially monetize them.

Search for 'content shock' and you'll get a glimpse of what our future will look like.. (too much of everything)

The barrier to create a digital asset (website, mobile app) is so low that we are now just going to have to live with fragmentation. Sure- the top players will make a huge portion of the money but because that's where consumers spend their time here will always be app developers / web publishers creating more and more content/apps for people to use, so that they can potentially monetize them.

Search for 'content shock' and you'll get a glimpse of what our future will look like.. (too much of everything)

Agree! Here are some facts:
That’s the number of blog posts written today.
That’s the number of Google searches per day.
That’s the number of tweets sent today.

Apps will be popular and around for a while but getting your app noticed will only get harder.
I agree with you Buddy. The demand of the mobile apps will keep growing and thus there will be need for people to highly market their applications so as to get a good number of traffic. We will also have to be creative and come up with applications that stand out of the crowd. It is a high time we get away from making the duplicates of applications already in place. proper marketing is the way to go since smartphones will keep on coming more and more.

Don't forget about Tab my friend. Right, I do prefer tab then a laptop. I spend most of the time on the tab and the lots of works are done on the tab right now. So the users of the tabs and smartphone are tremendously increase and there is no chance to worry about mobile marketing.

Mobile apps will blast the world. Every people having mobile with them 24 X 7. While they are not keep PC/Laptop in their pocket. So trend of mobile will be more than desktop. ;)

The market is evolving, I don`t believe it will see a regress anytime soon.
Google`s app store started from 16.000 apps in Dec 2009 and it first surpassed 1 million apps in May 2012.
Google Play now has about 1.8 million apps to offer, you can see a detailed view below:

I would have loved to post a link to a detailed chart but I don`t have above 10 posts so you`ll have to believe my word here. :)

If you look at these numbers you can understand why it`s getting harder and harder to be downloaded. Like in every market the basic rules apply, offer -> demand, and although the demand is rising (I like to see how my parents come to me asking about some new app) the offer is increasing 10x faster.

The market is evolving, I don`t believe it will see a regress anytime soon.
Google`s app store started from 16.000 apps in Dec 2009 and it first surpassed 1 million apps in May 2012.
Google Play now has about 1.8 million apps to offer, you can see a detailed view below:

I would have loved to post a link to a detailed chart but I don`t have above 10 posts so you`ll have to believe my word here. :)

If you look at these numbers you can understand why it`s getting harder and harder to be downloaded. Like in every market the basic rules apply, offer -> demand, and although the demand is rising (I like to see how my parents come to me asking about some new app) the offer is increasing 10x faster.

I believe you. :)

I agree with that last paragraph - the market is totally saturated. Beyond saturated. And there are about 20 variances of the same app created by different developers.

The logic is simple. Right now how many of your friends and family are using the smart phones and how many of them are playing games/using mobile app? Right now which device are you using most? Where is the larger amount of users then there will be the business.

The logic is simple. Right now how many of your friends and family are using the smart phones and how many of them are playing games/using mobile app? Right now which device are you using most? Where is the larger amount of users then there will be the business.

True. It will be a buyer's market, due to the development of soooo many apps.

I really do think that, at some point, it will morph into something a bit different than it has been. No idea what but usually when things get too crowded, something new comes along. Then everybody floods to that platform and it starts all over again. :)

Good point mate. You aren't able to stop marketers. They are super talent and super active. They know how to get reach to their targeted customers. It will take sometimes to discover the new idea or promotional method, but they must find a way. On the other hand developer also have some point to earn money from advertising you know. So they are also thinking this part. So no worries just hunting your method and make the profit.

MI
Back