The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Teespring FB Ads What am I doing wrong? Need Suggestion

srijon

Hey guys,

Hope your doing great with Teespring. I also watched some tutorials of Don Wilson and Attended weibaniers of Tanner Larssen and got my inspiration to start Teespring with Facebook Ads.
And so I did..
Made 3 Campaigns for my 3 different niches and run FB ads..
Followed whatever instruction I got from the tutorials + weibaniers + This Forum..

My CPC is Extreamly High ( $0.77 - $1.82 )
Getting very few impressions and very low clicks ( Mostly Likes and burning up my money )..
I have not made a single sale on any of my campaigns.
I even bought Fiverr gigs to design my Tshirt..

I am really confuse what to do now..
Please tell me what bid to put on CPC, FB shows the suggested bid is around $1.50 .. So thats REALLY high..
I saw on the training videos that they bid on penny's but mines come in dollars.. I am not really sure why this i happening.. What am I doing wrong.. ETC ETC..

P.S: I used Both Page Post Eng and Power Editor with "Buy Now" button on my post..

I would appreciate a good suggestion..

Thanks a lot..

Hey guys,

Hope your doing great with Teespring. I also watched some tutorials of Don Wilson and Attended weibaniers of Tanner Larssen and got my inspiration to start Teespring with Facebook Ads.
And so I did..
Made 3 Campaigns for my 3 different niches and run FB ads..
Followed whatever instruction I got from the tutorials + weibaniers + This Forum..

My CPC is Extreamly High ( $0.77 - $1.82 )
Getting very few impressions and very low clicks ( Mostly Likes and burning up my money )..
I have not made a single sale on any of my campaigns.
I even bought Fiverr gigs to design my Tshirt..

I am really confuse what to do now..
Please tell me what bid to put on CPC, FB shows the suggested bid is around $1.50 .. So thats REALLY high..
I saw on the training videos that they bid on penny's but mines come in dollars.. I am not really sure why this i happening.. What am I doing wrong.. ETC ETC..

P.S: I used Both Page Post Eng and Power Editor with "Buy Now" button on my post..

I would appreciate a good suggestion..

Thanks a lot..

Hi srijon,
Like you, I am new to TeeSpring. I have been intensly reading materials and reviewing videos to get my self up to speed with T-Shirt Marketing. I have finally begun to form successful knowledge about what works and what doesn't. Here is an outline of what I know at the moment.

1. Design around a researched niche.
2. Target around a researched niche.
3. Split test between PPE and CTW.
3. Use oCPM to start, but in the first 12 to 24 hours also use CPM bids at a higher than suggested cost to get your ads distributed quickly to the most peple and then revert back to oCPM Managed.
4. Test several audiences using interests and behaviors. Then study the Ad Manager Reports to see where the real traffic comes from and refine your targeting to only those groups.
5. Keep your FB Ads and the TeeSpring, Spreadshirt, Teezly, et al, copy simple and straight forward.

I am building a case study with dozens of failures, split tests, and success. I can tell you that it takes many (8, 10, 12, or more tests to get 1 or 2 successful campaigns. Once you have a successful campaign, you need to do two things. First, scale up the successful campaign (obviously). Second, learn about layering and lateral marketing. These two elements will bring some awesome results.

T J

I just share what I have learn from 2 of my campaigns. No sales but some experience :
1. Use PPE with oCPM

2. I target only men in usa, but end up with a lot of likes from girls, that's weird

3. Good CTR (4.6% with 52 clicks at the moment writing this, but no sale

4. Don't hard sale on your fb ads. Try to engage them and ask them questions.

5. Use red colour frame for your picture. It is more eye-catching.

6. One campaign was banned with trademark infringement. So be careful with trademark stuff. :)

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am also still learning though. Hope to earn some money from this. Haha

Thank you both Tj and Jerry, for your valuable info :)

1. I tried CPC mostly with Page Post Also CPM
2. Designed in Power Editor with Call to Action Button

But in both cases I received similar result..
Let me share some screenshots with you:

View attachment 2920
View attachment 2921
View attachment 2922

1. Design around a researched niche.
2. Target around a researched niche.
3. Split test between PPE and CTW.
3. Use oCPM to start, but in the first 12 to 24 hours also use CPM bids at a higher than suggested cost to get your ads distributed quickly to the most peple and then revert back to oCPM Managed.
4. Test several audiences using interests and behaviors. Then study the Ad Manager Reports to see where the real traffic comes from and refine your targeting to only those groups.
5. Keep your FB Ads and the TeeSpring, Spreadshirt, Teezly, et al, copy simple and straight forward.

I tested both PPE and CTW with different images, but I dont know, its like ppl are not convinced enough :-(
I have used simple Image of the Tshirt on PPE and also Ad templates for CTW with CTA Button.. Stil no sale..

I just share what I have learn from 2 of my campaigns. No sales but some experience :
1. Use PPE with oCPM

2. I target only men in usa, but end up with a lot of likes from girls, that's weird

3. Good CTR (4.6% with 52 clicks at the moment writing this, but no sale

4. Don't hard sale on your fb ads. Try to engage them and ask them questions.

5. Use red colour frame for your picture. It is more eye-catching.

6. One campaign was banned with trademark infringement. So be careful with trademark stuff. :)

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am also still learning though. Hope to earn some money from this. Haha

Actually I really dont want people to like and comment on my ads when I am using CPC, coz it will burn my money..
My CPC bids are much higher ( $0.77 To $1.80 and sometimes even $2+ ), I dont know why, I have seen Donald and Tanner, they bid on single pennys, IDK how they do it..

About Banned campaign, I faced similar issue with JB :p ( now I know why ppl hate him so much :D )

I am currently designing another shirt on TV Shows that will mostly target Girls.. But I was really positive with this Walking Dead Tshirt that did not really perform well ( Or Maybe I couldn't make it perform well ).. I targeted the main Characters Fan Pages rather then the main Official page of the show..

Anyways, Thanks again guys for your support..

The line where it says NOT Available In Stores This Will Sale Out", should read "Sell Out".

I am realizing better engagement by getting more laser targeted. Try some of these behaviors.

behavior.jpg

I have better results when using a higher than highest bid for the first 12 hours. This ensures you get your ad served up faster and to more people in a short time to see if the ad and product have merit. If it does, then you can scale back your bid or just use managed oCPM.

I had had some great success with teespring on facebook but I dont bother with the behaviours at all mate. In my opinion we don't know how they are getting the data on behaviour, it could just be through facebook apps and custom audience data in which case your going to miss out on a huge chunk of the people you are targeting.

Here is what do: KEEP IT SIMPLE.

So every single day I launch one new teeshirt. I have about 4 designers i found from odesk who work for me for under $10 an hour mostly. I tell them what I want then usually have one or two things to fix up.

I focus on specific niches. Focus on a sport, a hobby or a interest. Something that you can scale up nicely by gender and by state if the campaign works. EG Karate, Dogs, Swimming.

Sports are great in my opinion because usually people in a sport have disposable income to spare, love their sport with a passion and like to have a shirt to change into.

So i start with a campaign targeting my niche using celebrities, brands, magazines, tv shows, websites that have something to do with the niche.

I spend $20-$40 on the test. If i get a bunch of likes and no spend, i look at how to change the ad copy. If i get only a few likes ect I kill it.

Thanks for the Advice guys, I will Launch another Campaign Considering your guides Tonight, Lets hope for the best..

Okay, here's another campaign of mine..
Screenshot by Lightshot

I got around 20 Clicks but NO sale..
Here's my Teespring Link: Exclusive Funny Tshirts | Teespring

I tried Both NewsFeed and Right Hand Column: http://i.imgur.com/FMYtmtw.png

NOT a single Sale..
Same with my Other Campaigns.. I really dont get it, what it will take to make a sale??

If any of you can come across any Suggestions will be a Great Great help for me..

Thanks Guys..

Attachments

• bEvb2YD.png
    bEvb2YD.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 218
Hey srijon,

Have you based these campaigns and designs on research? I have three things that make the difference.

1. the campaign must be researched for market & marketability
2. the design and the message MUST be clever
3. I have managed to speak with three extremely successful shirt marketers and they all say that only "scraped" custom audiences truly provide good targeting. They use proxies for this because it is against the TOS of FB. John Loomer has an article about Custom Audience Scraping that reflects what I have learned along the way.

I am retooling my efforts again this month (third time for me), I haven't had any campaigns reach their goals and most of them didn't get any pre-orders at all. I had good designs, good cleverness, but I think my targeting is what is falling flat. Great Design, Great Clever Message, and Laser Targeting are an absolute requirement.

Hey srijon,

Have you based these campaigns and designs on research? I have three things that make the difference.

1. the campaign must be researched for market & marketability
2. the design and the message MUST be clever
3. I have managed to speak with three extremely successful shirt marketers and they all say that only "scraped" custom audiences truly provide good targeting. They use proxies for this because it is against the TOS of FB. John Loomer has an article about Custom Audience Scraping that reflects what I have learned along the way.

I am retooling my efforts again this month (third time for me), I haven't had any campaigns reach their goals and most of them didn't get any pre-orders at all. I had good designs, good cleverness, but I think my targeting is what is falling flat. Great Design, Great Clever Message, and Laser Targeting are an absolute requirement.

Well, yes, all my campaigns are results of some research activity..

1. As the tutorials of Don and Tanner says, just slapping a design wont work, so what I did was I looked for the trending topics, Gossip girl for example, and I have also found some other Tshirts on the same niche, and so I designed my own.. Same goes with the Rider shirt and for that I followed almost similar targets to what Donalds video showed.. and so on..
2. I used Scrapped audience for one of my other campaigns and I used the Laser Social, and after 24 hours I got only 2 clicks..

Anyways, maybe I am missing something.. Maybe something which is a crucial fact :confused:

MI
Back