The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Targeting 3g

scottocapo

affiliate
Hi, I'm new to the Dojo as well as new to paid traffic marketing.I chose to dive in with mobile for my first campaign, so I am in the middle of a large learning curve. I have managed to set up adsbridge with a peerfly offer and ran traffic with popads with no landing page (direct) just to get the ball rolling. No conversions, but thats OK, its a start, at least I got data flowing. My next offer that I want to try runs only on 3g, and I dont know how to target 3g traffic in popads, can that be done by targeting devices, or is there another way to restrict my traffic to 3g?

Hi Scottocapo,

welcome to the greatest world of mobile affiliate marketing! Why did you decide to specify on 3g campaigns? I suggest to start with mixture of CPI+wap. For CPI campaigns you may ping me, we have plenty of them, nice payout and lots of technical features on platform.

It was just a random choice, as I am learning as I go, I know very little about the many options in mobile phones, and this is going to be a big part of my education, the different devises and what kind of offers to run on which, android vs ios, google play vs other apps, like I said, I have a big learning curve ahead. When I saw the offer and it is restricted to 3G traffic, I assumed that there way to target only 3g. I dont want to pay for traffic that doesnt match the offer...I dont have to test this offer, it could be any offer, but I will undoubtedly run into things I don't know yet as I am just starting out, that is why I am here, to get involved in this community and learn my way around the ropes. Forgive if it is a stupid question, is it answerable?

hmmm.. its never good to be too specific
I was more specific because all I got instead of an answer to my question, was more questions which I tried to address,and spam, still no answer to my question, just criticism of how I worded it.Sorry if my first thread here offended you. I thought I was joining a helpful community of like minded people here. I guess I got of to a bad start.

Because there is much more money in 3g when it is targeted correctly. Lots of good countries with 1click billing on 3g?! PT MEO e.g. with 300$ per 1k clicks , or KW Oooreedo with 120$ and lots of others.(DE,CH,FR,ES,MX,AR,ZA.....). I always got the feeling, that people who advice you do promote PPI offers only, just dont have the possibility to seperate 3g. And this is something i cannot understand, as for me, as i was buying traffic, it was the most important argument.

And no, we dont sell traffic to mediabuyers, so i dont have any interrest to give a half-true advice, just to find someone who buys traffic.We buy traffic and also are able to seperate the 3g traffic and return the crap, which is perhaps converting bad. Also for publishers and websites owners all verticals/adtypes are build for the 3g seperation.

I thought I was joining a helpful community of like minded people here. I guess I got of to a bad start.

I would label this as a miscommunication and lack of experience about this sort of matter. They are a wide variety of offers, networks, platforms. Everything is changing on the net constantly.

Just keep trying and keep asking questions. Eventually someone is going to come with the answer you need.

I was not even aware it was possible to target 3G only. I also was not aware about the information Chris Slimspots provided.

We all have our thing and our "specialty" or things we know more about.

Welcome to the forum by the way. I hope you will enjoy your stay and find the answers you need.

Edited: because of some reason if I put @ for Chris slimspost it target chris only

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to the Dojo as well as new to paid traffic marketing.I chose to dive in with mobile for my first campaign, so I am in the middle of a large learning curve. I have managed to set up adsbridge with a peerfly offer and ran traffic with popads with no landing page (direct) just to get the ball rolling. No conversions, but thats OK, its a start, at least I got data flowing. My next offer that I want to try runs only on 3g, and I dont know how to target 3g traffic in popads, can that be done by targeting devices, or is there another way to restrict my traffic to 3g?

Go to Connection Targeting tab in the campaign creation menu and only select Cellular/Carrier under connection speeds.

screen-shot-2015-12-07-at-3-55-05-am-png.5293

@scottocapo at AdSenceMedia.com have all verticals of offers with very good payout with great CR%-EPC. If you have very good traffic then you can have a try with AdSenceMedia.com
@Prince.AdSenceMedia Provide some value in your posts instead of blatantly spamming and promoting your network all over the forum.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 3.55.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 3.55.05 AM.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:
I understand more about this subject now, 3g is carrier traffic as opposed to wifi...the demographic is completely different and should be considered when choosing your offer. You should study what people are looking for on which devices, and even target for times of day... home in the evening on their wifi, or commuting to work on their smartphones, etc. Of course this is important to consider in targeting and I am tucking away this info into my knowledgebase. Oh, and also it was interesting to learn about the use of one-click payment common on carrier traffic.

banners
Back