The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Super confused!! CPM question!

chazten

affiliate
Can someone please explain that far right column that says CPM?? Where is it getting these numbers!!?
I thought I had a good understanding of what CPM is, guess not.
Yeah I know I need a real tracking program but I'm just dipping my feet in the water with this network for now so i chose to use their small statistics table. Now I'm direct linking their offer off a web page of mine, letting it gather organic traffic. Now my question is how or why would there be any amount in my costs per impressions if the traffic is free??
Screenshot (1).png

CPM' The price of 1,000 advertisement impressions on one webpage. If a website publisher charges $2 CPM, that means an advertiser must pay $2 for every 1,000 impressions of its ad. The "M" in CPM represents the roman numeral for 1,000.

Hope this helps,
D
Yes thank you I know what CPM is but I was wondering why it was showing up here? I was not aware that I would be paying a fee by send free traffic to the offer? I don't understand this!

I thought CPM was a price model that traffic sources used if I wanted to pay for traffic, why would an affiliate network charge me CPM When I'm promoting their offers??

It's not as low as it seems. It depend on the country, the OS, the carrier, etc. And they'll try to optimize it to earn more with time.
Not as low as it seems? What do you mean by this?
The offer was deactivated last night, I made 3 conversions, all three on wifi and all three from the US. The offer details said these were allowed and it paid out 2.04$ I dont understand why i only got .03 for two conversions and .64 for the third.
Are you telling me even though the campaign is done, my profit could be higher than it seems?

Screenshot (3).png

I dont know if that helps give you an idea of why these numbers are the way they are but this was a screenshot earlier after the offer stopped. @servandosilva

Last edited:
@chazten How much does the offer payout per lead? That is what you are making.
CPM they are showing is basically your EPC.
Impressions in their case means the number of times the offer has been viewed i.e. clicks onto the offer.

@chazten How much does the offer payout per lead? That is what you are making.
CPM they are showing is basically your EPC.
Impressions in their case means the number of times the offer has been viewed i.e. clicks onto the offer.
See I was thinking it was epc too but the offer only pays 2.04€ and there's only three conversions, how could it be so high and my profit so low. Especially when it's the traffic that they are supposed to accept. @lrs1995

MI
Back