“webinar”/ “webinar”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SUGGESTIONS for this new Marketplace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by T J Tutor, Nov 13, 2017.

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor GM Administrator Dojo Master

Pile them on everyone.

Tell us what you want here!

Monitor the progress and make suggestions along the way.

Here are the basics:
    • Seller's product pages will be put into a queue for approval. Our panel, made up of Mods, members, and vendors, will quickly review the product. They will look for plagiarism, copyright infringements, bootlegs, black hat, etc., before they approve the listing. As soon as they approve a listing, it goes live. If they disapprove a listing, they notify the seller as to why.
    • There will be a small fee for each listing (Listings will be free until mid 2018).
    • Sellers are responsible for support of their products and are required to respond in a timely manner to members posting questions and/or issues.
    • All sellers will offer a money back guarantee. We have not actually discussed this as yet, but this element is present in many other marketplaces. This is yet to be worked out. It may not be feasible for all sales.
    • Sellers will have a paid option for "featuring" their listing.
    • Listings will have a tab for reviews from the purchasers of their products.
    • All sellers are required to use PayPal in the beginning, but can also offer other payment options as long as those options have buyer protection of some sort.

More to work out......

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. Voluum
  3. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf Affiliate affiliate

Not on most marketing boards. Sets the seller up to get scammed. So let's say an customer buys your eBook/course. So he already has the info and then just files for a claim and voila, seller is scammed. Lost his money AND eBook/course as well as added bad REP with PP.

Marc and T J Tutor like this.
  4. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai affiliate

Absolutely. Only a membership plugin like e.g. Digital Access Pass can protect your content from this download fraud.
    (... or using your Katana... :D)

T J Tutor likes this.
  5. T J Tutor

Do your answers mean there should be no buyer protection options provided by the sellers?

If you do think there should be buyer protection of some sort, can you elaborate as to how that's done in a fashion you find acceptable?

6. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf Affiliate affiliate

It depends on what is been sold. If it's a subscription for some kind of tool or membership of some forum then sure, you can set a 100% guarantee within x amount of time.

But when selling a service or digital item what I and others do is make it absolutely clear that after purchase there will be no refunds. Not only do I state it in a thread but also on the website in the TOS and on the checkout page.

T J Tutor likes this.
  7. Marc

My answer was more towards the seller's content protection by a membership site.

For the buyer protection I use always PayPal as role model: PayPal

Or in general only allowing PayPal as payment processor. Then the product (content etc.) firstly gets checked by PayPal itself and must be approved by PayPal, and after the approval by PayPal the buyer protection is ensured by the PayPal policy itself and later problems will be also solved by PayPal.
    That's the safe and simple solution for a buyer protection.

T J Tutor likes this.
  8. Marc

That wouldn't be possible for me, since I am obliged by the law in my country to a revocation possibility of 14 days without further explanation by the buyer ... (consumer protection)

9. T J Tutor

I think this is a correct, it is a common denominator for may product sellers these days.

10. T J Tutor

I agree, PayPal is in control for the most part, but vendors can offer other means of payment.

11. violet

violet Affiliate Marketplace Seller affiliate

escrow will do.. for both parties are protected between the seller and the buyer.. just my opinion.. :)

12. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

Would you be willing to pay for this?
    I think the idea would be a no starter because of administrative costs.
    It would probably cost $100 of time.

1/3 up front - 1/3 on acceptance then 1/3 on final delivery usually works

violet likes this.
  13. violet

sorry.. i thought it will be more better and for the safety of the buyer and seller to have an escrow/third party that handles the payments and deliveries(digital products).. and a small charges from seller and buyers for the service fee for the marketplace maintenance and security..

oh well, i think im just talking non sense.. lol.. :)

14. Graybeard

violet likes this.
  15. violet

maybe i mislead you, when i say escrow, im not refering to the 'escrow'.. i meant affiliatefix webmaster/administrator can be the escrow itself.. the seller sent the digital goods to the admin and delivers it to the buyer.. and shall recieve the payment from buyer to the seller... and both buyers and seller can be charge for a small service charges.. cause premium/paid sellers is catered by affiliatefix itself and delivers it to the buyers..so, there will be no question or any disputes, because the goods are carefully check by the admin as well..

and for the buyer who purchase from a non payer/premium seller, their will be no liability or guarantee..

16. Graybeard

10% or $100 min fee maybe.
    Time is money ...

17. Archie458

Archie458 Affiliate affiliate

Hello,

You have posted a nice and informative article named "SUGGESTIONS for this new Marketplace", I learn a lot from your post. Go ahead, keep up the good work.

Regards

MI