The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

suggestion for Attractive/nice web site name

Joey

Hi Everyone,

just getting some opinion here(very honest i am). I am going to build up a blog about my affiliate team member life- about tips to tackle the backend, life at the backend and upcoming news and event( well, tat is what i got in mind now, later i may have more ideas to come.)

Hi there, which one attract you the most?

So, the following are all the names i scratched so far:

1)affiliateMoney
2)AffiliateMarketing
3)AffiliateLife
4)AffiliateDiary
5)affiliateMarketer
6)affiliateManiac
7)affiliateOnline
8)affiiateHelper

* to Thanks those who vote or give me some opinion, when i got my blog all set up, i will send first email to you(with you happily consent, of course) before i published to the world. Good offer?

sincerely,
Joey

Joey, you said you were looking for a nice website name. This makes me think you would want to register it once you decide on a name. If that is the case you first need to see if the name you want is available.

I have some bad news for you. The .com is taken for each of the first 7. For some you can get the .net, .org, .us, .info etc. but even some of those are taken for some of the ones you mentioned.

The .com is available for number 8 is as you have it spelled at the present time. You have:
8)affiiateHelper
I am thinking that is a typographical error and you wanted AffiliateHelper rather than affiiateHelper where you left out the letter "L" in affiliate.

It looks as if you may have a problem if you want any of those as a good .com name.

I realize you may just want to give your site one of those names and you may not want to register it with that actual domain name. I am not positive about your exact plans.

There are various ways you can check to see if a name is taken and there are ways you can get suggestions for available names that might be similar to the one you want if the one you want isn't available.

Since I use GoDaddy I know they have this feature. All you do is type in a name. They will instantly let you know if it is available. If it isn't available it will list a lot of similar names that are available. Here is the GoDaddy link if you would want to try it Internet Domain Name Registration, Domain Transfers. Your domain name search starts here.

Another thing you want to remember is when you make a public post it is going to be seen by others. If you post a name that hasn't been taken it is possible that someone who reads it might like it and decide to register it before you do.

Also if you find some good domains that ARE available
it's REALLY not a good idea to post them on a forum.
If they are good, there are people that will go
snap them up before you have a chance to.

Most of the SEO stuff I have read (this is only book knowlegde, not real life) says google reads URLs as they are written not as a human sees them.

IF this is the case, wouldn't affiliate-helper, rather than affiliatehelper be a better SEO domain name?

In my post above I indicated that the .com for the correct spelling of all 8 of those listed have been taken. The same is true for the .com of affiliate-helper. It is taken, so the .com isn't available.

The #8 as listed by the member probably isn't the correct spelling since a letter was left out. But that one is available however it isn't an attractive one since the "L" was left out of affiliate.

But as I mentioned above and Linda mentioned it also. When a person has a domain name that they like they shouldn't make a forum posting because others will see it and possibly someone will like it and register it first.

Well that's correct, but it's also a great place to find some inspiration...
What I mean if you ask a few people witch name they like the most you can try and modify the name to something that's still available.

I usually brainstorm a list of words related to my niche (sometimes woefully short), and head to my registrar of choice and plug in combinations until one comes through.

MI
Back