The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Stuck with WP..

KingPin36

Ok I feel a bit of a fool asking this but on my blog at the moment I just have one tab that says "home". I know how to create pages, but how do I write a post within them pages?

I'm sure this is very simple for some WP guru but I am totally lost. My PHP skills are not the best.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

KP

KP,
Once you navigate to the page creation section (Manage, Create new page) you will get a prompt as part of the page creation process asking you to add content (see attached screenshot) insert the contents and click publish and your page is created.

see the example page I created to demonstrate this to you

Attachments

• kptest.jpg
    kptest.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5
Thank Temi. Yeah I have created the page. I have one up now called "Test" but how do I post inside that page?

When I go to write post, there is no option to put that new post in my test page.

That's where I hit a brick wall.

I should point out I am using the new version of WP. Not sure if it makes any difference or not.

KP

When you click on create a new page link it allow you to add Page title and Page Content there itself. Check it properly.

DON.

Yes I know that but what I am asking is how can I update it like I do on the main page?

I.e. I want to be able to write a post then post it to the "new" page.

I think I might have to make static pages to do this.

KP

are you trying to have almost like a second blog? You could just post into a specific category and exclude that category from the main blog.

Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Trying to create a second page/blog. I tried excluding the categories but no joy :(

I put up a page "Advanced SEO" but of course, no one can comment and I can't write a post unless I edit the entire page.

I seems like I'm going to have to make categories for each thing I do instead of pages.

KP

banners
Back