The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Spying on competitors

berexilim

Hello. What spying tools are you using? I mean are u using some single site like WRW or it's a combination of spying methods? How do you recommend to get competitive data? Thanks for the answer!

Hi Berexilim,

I personally don't like to use spy tools because they don't show up-to-date information which I could use for my campaigns.

I'd recommend to do manual spying which is the best option to find out what works at the moment. Get a VPN and start browsing the internet, look what others doing, scrape banners and landing pages, spend hours and create a system where you save these data.

Pro Tip: Record a quick video tutorial on how you do it and hire a VA for this. ;)

Good luck!

FBQueen, you forgot to mention the

Queen Tip: Record a quick video tutorial on how you do it; hand it to a hired VA for some days;
if VA get results following vid tutorial, start thinking about packing transcript plus video tutorial
as a "Her Majesty Papers: Competitive Intelligence Files"

Maybe cause of the angle I work with, I always prefer to stay with Spy tools, I used BOA until now that I'm doing more mobile where I use Adsxposed. I prefer picking whats working compared to starting out against the odds and hoping to nail it. If I choose whats been proven and is been online for awhile, the chances are higher getting result easily, but scaling depends on adding my own ingredient to whats already working. So I advise to check out both and find what works for you, when you do stay with it :)

I'm doing more mobile where I use Adsxposed. I prefer picking whats working compared to starting out against the odds and hoping to nail it.

This is what we recommend. Rip a lander and see how it performs; then perform your edits and split test/improve the landing page to keep increasing your ROI :).

Glad to hear you're finding the tool useful.

Hop on Tor when doing competition research where you might end up pinging their sites multiple times - this way you are free to explore public source url kw's & structures on site & off. Also I run this method in conjunction w/ Spyfu very successfully ;)

I personally don't like to use spy tools because they don't show up-to-date information which I could use for my campaigns

I personally don't like to use spy tools because they don't show up-to-date information which I could use for my campaigns

I think you'd be surprised how quickly we find campaign once they start running :). Feel free to give us a try, we have a $1 trial running right now.

I was at a long time using the spy tools to get information about my competitors but after some time I stopped. The reason is because i found out that the information I was receiving was contradictory. I however believe that we have better spying tools in market today. Just do a search and make a comparison so as to land on one that will help you meet your needs. be careful though so as not to be conned.

MI
Back