The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Something easier than HTML?

TallMikey

affiliate
Hi Everyone -

I have a small company and several of us know HTML but we are not experts. We use Frontpage / Expression / Dreamweaver but it seems as it takes us much more time then it should to make it look (semi)-professional. Is there an "advanced" website builder that programmers can use which might be good for us? We want to create and modify web sites and have them look professional, as well as control things like page titles, metatags, etc. for SEO purposes, but don't want to become experts in HTML. All the "web site builders" out there seem as they are for real beginners and don't come out too professional. Any suggestions?

Thx
Mike

Am I missing something here? Dreamweaver is the most popular software package amongst designers in the WORLD. It has some heavy duty HTML options in there, split pages, code only etc.

I don't think you will get anything 'more advanced'.

I think the problem here appears to be GIGO :(

Probably OP doesn't want to create each page from scratch. Take a look at some of the CMS, they provide all the functionality you specified in your post and you don't have to write html for each page.

I can't suggest better tool than Dreamweaver, and I suppose html is a very easy to learn. There are maximum 20 tag you need to learn. If you want do do seo for websites, I belive html and css is must to know.

I'm afraid you have to bite the bullet and and get somebody to learn the skills required to do the work required. Thinking, "Lets do our own Web Site" and actually doing it to a decent standard are 2 different things. The biggest difference being the skill required to turn thoughts into reallity. If it was so easy, that you didn't need to climb up a learning curve, there would not be any designers because anybody could do it if they had a bit of time to spare.

Not trying to be rude, but it doesn't get much easier than HTML, if you can't get to grips with HTML then consider subcontracting to someone who can.

Dreamweaver is a good tool ... again, it doesn't get much easier...

Thanks for your feedback everyone. Yes HTML is not overly difficult, but making it look top notch is. The basics are easy, but you run into a lot of small issues which take a long time to get figured out. We would like to make small changes probably weekly (landing pages, product updates, etc.) which make it difficult engagning with a consultant, as getting 3 hours a week with quick turn around tims is hard for them to schedule in. I'm looking for a silver bullet :> Someone suggested Joomla which I am going to check out.

Guess it depends on what you're really doing. I'm using Dreamweaver because i really love the auto-completion for CSS & HTML.
For programming i recommend Zend.

Dreamweaver is one of the best WYSIWYG editors.

HTML isn't that hard to learn but can be difficult to master.

I can create professional looking sites if you need or provide paid support while you are creating your site.

Otherwise your only other option is to use a cms like Joomla which is easy to master.

banners
Back