The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Some insights from newbie to other newbies

Marcus Deslerdan

affiliate
Hey everyone!
Even though I'm still pretty new at this, I thought it might be useful to other newbies if I share my insights that I was able to collect so far on affiliate programs. I started monetizing my VPN review site and signed up for couple of affiliate programs. At first I was trying to make a list of the best ones but it took me a lot of time, so I started looking for some articles and already made lists. After all, I signed up with such VPNs as Nordvpn, Express and couple smaller ones.
After couple of months of working with those programs, I made such insights:
  • It's really important and useful if you get a dedicated account manager.
  • Better choose those affiliate programs that convert all geos and all types of traffic.
  • Not always better commissions rate means that you'll earn more money, consider such things if the product is famous enough and if people will be constantly looking for that brand/ product.
So far I can say that Nordvpn was the most profitable one for me. Not only it offers a good commissions rate but is also very popular and will make you some money for sure. Also, it has those benefits that I mentioned as important ones above.

I just asked the question a couple of days ago about NordVPN aff program, thank you for sharing your insights. Have you made any money out of it already and do you think it's hard to sell a VPN? Also, you mentioned you affiliated with more than one provider, is that OK being affiliated to competing services?

Sorry, I didn't see your question, otherwise I would have answered it there. Anyways, I did earn some money from Nordvpn, I wouldn't like to tell the exact amount, though as I wrote in the post, it's been the most profitable so far from all of my chosen ones.
Talking about either it is hard to sell a VPN or not, simply by looking at the statistics of the VPN market, you can see that it's still growing, so there is a high demand.
Regarding the question of working with few competing services, I would say that it's not a big deal, a lot of people/ sites are doing that. Though I guess it might also depend on your website. If it's a VPN review site, it's more than fine for sure.

banners
Back