The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Some Copywriting tips

Coreyz

affiliate
Copywriting is most effective but difficult media in order to increasing sales. Here is some basic point to remember when you write anything

Write Clearly

People are using the internet for finding the right information they want. So make sure you write correct info in your article

Make Your Article Short
Do you like to read a long article? I am not. So try to keep your paragraph shot.

Make Several Sub-Heading
If you want to write a long article then divided into subheading. This is also good for search engine.

Focus only one topic
We don't like to read the irrelevant topic. So try to stay on one topic

Practice makes a man Perfect
This is true. The more you write the more you learn

Research before you write
You can find different information about your topic from various sources. Try to organize it and present your article as a complete go-to information source

Know your audience
If you're writing to sell something to college students you'll need to target different concerns and use different language than if you are writing to sell to children, or a certain segment of professionals. It isn't just about what you write, it is how you write it and the phrases and language will also need to change.

Spelling and Grammar
Check the spelling and grammar for your audience. If you're selling to the UK or Australia, using their spelling and grammar gets better results than using US spelling, and the reverse is also true. It is why so many ebooks have a line about which country's spelling and grammar they use up front so readers know what to expect, because otherwise they get bad reviews.

Last edited:
Add in this

You can find different information about your topic from various sources. Try to organize it and present your article as a complete go-to information source

hey thanks for the tips which you have included. I also have got some ideas in this regard. These days a straight away copy cant do much. So, try to make it more convincing by including the other related stuff. For example, you can sell a royal submariner by telling the people that, its a watch which got featured in multiple Hollywood movies.

A number of Army leaders loved that watch (their pictures can also be shared). You can tell them about the legacy of this watch and can even, use the emotion of patriotism by telling them that it is a watch made for fighter pilots.

Similarly, you can sell your pizza or burger by telling the people about celebrities who love to eat burgers and pizzas. In addition to this, a perfect copy should also include a comparison between yours and the other similar products. .

Awesome advice @Coryz

These headings are the fundamental governing keys to your writing, if I could add to each I would say.

Write Clearly
Coherence and readability are above and beyond all other necessities, such as optimising your keywords for SEO.

Make Your Article Short
300-1000 words is ideal to both retain the reader with an end-goal in sight, and also not scare them off as soon as your page loads with a goliath of text.

Make Several Sub-Headings
Correct, just as we read books in chapters to help segment the narrative, we should also approach our articles as mini-narratives.

Focus on one topic
In your article dont lose the point, just like we learn in essay writing, every sentence should relate and lend to (or diminish, depending on your argument) your title and introductory statement.

Practice makes a man Perfect
Writing is something that takes time, and there is no end to your learning (or atleast you should treat it that way). Im sure Shakespeare and Dickens would mimick that sentiment :)

Credibility goes a long way. There is nothing more face-palm worthy than wrong information with your readers correcting you in the comments section.

Hope you all agree!

I'd add a couple:

Know your audience

If you're writing to sell something to college students you'll need to target different concerns and use different language than if you are writing to sell to children, or a certain segment of professionals. It isn't just about what you write, it is how you write it and the phrases and language will also need to change.

Spelling and Grammar
Check the spelling and grammar for your audience. If you're selling to the UK or Australia, using their spelling and grammar gets better results than using US spelling, and the reverse is also true. It is why so many ebooks have a line about which country's spelling and grammar they use up front so readers know what to expect, because otherwise they get bad reviews.

I'd add a couple:

Know your audience

Spelling and Grammar
Added

Some great tips there. Copyblogger has some great ebooks on copywriting. Joshua Nite over at TopRankBlog also nails it when it comes to copywriting. Brilliant stuff there.

Great tips for everyone. Content is more important than anything. What about reraiting, is it good for a website?

Seeing as this is a writing forum and one of the listed suggestions cites the importance of proper spelling and grammar, I've made some very light edits to your post to remove errors (meant to be helpful, not to be a grammar you-know-what):

Copywriting is the most effective but difficult media in order to increase sales. Here are some basic points to remember when you write anything:

Write Clearly

People use the internet to find the information they want. So make sure the information in your article is correct.

Make Your Article Short
Do you like reading long articles? I do not. So try to keep your paragraphs short.

Make Several Sub-Headings
If you want to write a long article, then divide it with subheadings. This is also good for search engines.

Focus on Only One Topic
We don't like to read about irrelevant topics. So try to stay on one topic.

Practice Makes Perfect
This is true. The more you write, the more you learn.

Research Before You Write
You can find information about your topic from various sources. Try to organize it and present your article as a complete go-to information source.

Know Your Audience
If you're writing to sell something to college students, you'll need to target different concerns and use different language than if you are writing to sell to children, or a certain segment of professionals. It isn't just about what you write, it is how you write it; the phrases and language will also need to change.

Spelling and Grammar

Don't get the wrong idea - these are all excellent suggestions as far as I'm concerned!

This one is a particularly killer tip: "Try to organize it and present your article as a complete go-to information source." If your audience doesn't need to go anywhere else for information, they'll stick around and absorb everything you've got to say (including advertisements and recommendations). Be the best!

Hi, Interesting tips and helpful, but SEO changed every month, so tips, that was good a year ago for example, are not good now, not all, but some of them, ok. This is my opinion.
Short articles, mmm not. Minimum 300-350 words, 400-500 is better for SEO now a days! :)

Hi, Interesting tips and helpful, but SEO changed every month, so tips, that was good a year ago for example, are not good now, not all, but some of them, ok. This is my opinion.
Short articles, mmm not. Minimum 300-350 words, 400-500 is better for SEO now a days! :)

I agree overall with what you're saying. There are some "evergreen" tips (create good content, ensure a fluid user experience, optimize for speed, avoid anything that comes across as spamming) that will probably never be wrong, but aren't generally very specific (and thus less useful). Then there are plenty of time-sensitive tips, which are very useful, but only while they are valid.

For example, the concept of a word count minimum (or any "ideal range") is outdated :) it's a very small ranking signal if it's even considered. There are too many other signals to focus on - your content should be the length that it needs to be useful. No more, no less. SEO is getting "simpler" - "make good content" is the summary. It's less prescriptive, but best practices are becoming more ambiguous. Fewer checklists, more critical thinking.

Tons of great tips in this thread!

Has anybody read Cashvertising by Roger Dawson? It's supposed to give amazing insight into the psychology of writing for conversions.

I started it, got busy with stuff then forgot to go back to it. I must do that, it's only 200 pages.

Tons of great tips in this thread!

Has anybody read Cashvertising by Roger Dawson? It's supposed to give amazing insight into the psychology of writing for conversions.

I started it, got busy with stuff then forgot to go back to it. I must do that, it's only 200 pages.

It's on the top of my list! If obtaining the physical copy is what's stopping you, maybe try the Gary Halbert letters for now. They're all available for free online - you'll need to use the Wayback Machine, though, as the website has been taken down. Here's an example: The Gary Halbert Letter

There's also a Facebook group run by his son, Bond: Log into Facebook | Facebook (I admit I haven't found much value in it yet, but I joined recently).

FYI, Roger Dawson wrote Secrets of Power Negotiating - Drew Whitman wrote Ca$hvertising :)

Thanks for the Gary Halbert share!

FYI, Roger Dawson wrote Secrets of Power Negotiating - Drew Whitman wrote Ca$hvertising

Oh gawd, you're right - sorry! Roger Dawson is quoted on the top of the front cover of Cashvertising...but he didn't write it. :oops:

MI
Back