Social Bookmarking Sites for SEO

hamncheese

affiliate
Hello,

So far my SEO work has been focusing on:
- onsite optimization
- Article submission
- Directory Submission
- Social Sites (Squidoo, and hubpages.com)

I have read a little about social bookmarking and thought that creating a few social bookmarks can't hurt.

So far I have used: mylinkvault.com, backflip.com, buddymarks.com, and jumptags.com).

I have a few questions, and your help is appreciated:

1. Should I do more than the 4 sites I have so far?
2. What are other good sites to add to teh 4 I have?
3. Besides adding bookmarks and making them public on my profile,is there anything else I need to do? Such as linking to my bookmarks (from articles for example)? Should I network to get my bookmarks more exposed?
4. As far as SEO goes, how much weight does Google put on links coming fro social bookmarking sites?

Thanks again in advance!

Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

It appears that you have been pretty busy. I know because I've been doing pretty much what you have been doing. As for as doing more, the way I understand it is that SEO is what it's all about. Without getting the word out for your Website it's pretty hard to get business. I haven't stated doing it yet but I've read and been told that it's important to get your articles published by several sites. I'm having a hard time just keeping with my four article sites. I've also been told that you can't get enough backlinks and that if you stop working for backlinks then your SEO gets stale. So good luck to your efforts and keep working for those qualified backlinks. ;)

This should help in understanding just how powerful articles are and what to do with them. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...e-optimization-super-advantages-articles.html

Social bookmarking has it's own set of rules and can be used indirectly for seo, you can learn a lot more about web 2.0 (social marketing ) here: http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/web-2-0-video-social-marketing-forum/

always remember, each tatic has a specific job in marketing, like the parts of a car. But alone they are basically worthless. A tire, or even a complete set will do you no good without the rest of the car, right?

There is a boatload of info on this forum, spend some time in each section and you will begin to see how it all works together.

If you have more specific questions, just ask, someone will help.

Here's the most famous social bookmarking sites

Digg [PR8]

Technorati [PR8]

StumbleUpon [PR8]

redit [PR8]

Mister Wong [PR8]

blinklist [PR8]

LiveJournal [PR8]

My AOL [PR8]

delicious [PR7]

Furl [PR7]

Google Bookmarks [PR7]

NowPublic [PR7]

Plaxo [PR7]

Current [PR7] (news)

Cannotea [PR7] (academic)

CuteULike [PR7] (academic)

Yahoo My Web [PR7]

Plum [PR7]

Hyves [PR7]

Y!Buzz [PR7]

Yahoo Bookmarks [PR6]

BibSonomy [PR6]

Secondbrain [PR6]

Live

Propeller [PR8]

Ask [PR7]

Mixx [PR7]

ma.gnolia [PR7]

DZone [PR 7] (developers)

Multiply [PR7]

Ask [PR7]

Links also build up quick. My site has only been up for so long and I have about 300 back links I believe. And I agree every back link counts.

Dylantk,

How can you tell how many backlinks you have to your site?

Best way I've found and is "suppose" to be pretty accurate is Yahoo site explorer. Put in your url and click explore url. Then click on "Inlinks". Then from the drop down menu for Show Inlinks, pick, "except form this domain". Then, the drop down menu next to that, choose, "entire site". That should give you an pretty accurate count of back links to all the pages on your site and links only from external sites.

Hope that helps.

I just looked through one of my sites and it's amazing how fast the links can build up if you work on it, on a regular basis. I see quite a few of my articles from the articles directories I submitted to getting picked up by other sites. Nice when others do the work and spread your links.

Thanks for your suggestions Webtoolkeeper and Ron Killian. I've tried a number of them now and they all work pretty slick. Yahoo's Site Explorer is going in my book mark list ;).

Thanks again.

Here is a free download that checks yahoo, google, msn, altavista and alltheweb backlinks.

I have been using it for years and you can keep up with your comp also.

you can load as many sites as you want. it is spyware and virus free, I have never had a problem with it.

Link popularity - Free link popularity check

Social bookmarks could takle traffices and backlinks to you,you just need to submit your site to them,but if you hope more people go to your site by this,you'd better to write a good title.

Social bookmarks could takle traffices and backlinks to you,you just need to submit your site to them,but if you hope more people go to your site by this,you'd better to write a good title.

Jingwen, I have to say you are so right and you have hit it on the dot.

Its all about keywords. Whether you write articles, post a video, post photos, post bookmarks... the way people find these in the internet is through the keywords you use mainly title, content, descriptions, tags....

Dylantk,

There are many ways to check backlinks for a website. You can try out free trial memberships at SEOmoz or Raven Tools. You can also set up a webmaster tools account or check Yahoo site explorer.

MI
Back