The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Social Bookmarking over hyped?

temi

affiliate
I have seem lots of webmasters get into a frenzy over social bookmarking, they get initial rush of hits to their site but the hits usually dry up, and most of the traffic are not from the kind of users they are trying to attract.

Is my analysis wrong?

I agree - it takes work setting all your profiles up, loads of time to maintain them and make connections and in my experience nothing comes of it. You then realise that your time would have been better spent concentrating on your own site.

By the way Temi - you seem very popular - I've just been reading the 'what do you know about Temi' thread :)

In my experience, the good old fashioned SEO yield far more result and you also get conversion compared with social bookmarking sites.

Temi, in my opinion submission the quality blog posts into digg is a an important possibility of blog promotion. Digg is able to pass forward really nice traffic.

I take your word for it Bagi, but I have not really experienced any singificant traffic from that medium, maybe because I do not have that many articles dugg

Sure, it's over rated for most things. However, there's a couple things it is good for. For example, instead of using your browser's bookmarks, using social bookmarks means that if you lose your browsers bookmarks, you still have all your interesting sites stored online.

Also, there have been occasions where I have used del.icio.us as a search engine to try and find stuff. Having bookmarks there will help.

Still, it is over rated, the traffic is low, and the conversions are non existent.

there's a couple things it is good for. For example, instead of using your browser's bookmarks, using social bookmarks means that if you lose your browsers bookmarks, you still have all your interesting sites stored online.

I completely agree with this, its a very good bookmaring tool.

Yes I think it is overhyped -- social bookmarking sites are one element of a sound and worthwhile SEO campaign: Worthy of attention, but not to the detriment of other activities IMHO.

banners
Back