The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

So I want to upload my website....

Draya

So I want to upload my website, but im currently trying to create it with kompozer. I can't seem to get it to connect to my server which is thru hostgator and i've tried contacting hostgator to solve the problem but that was of no avail. But i seem to be having more of a problem creating a doc.html and saving it on my mac in a folder which is named "my website" for example..and in that folder is where I have another folder called my mysite.html and from there is where i get lost. I realize kompozer is wysiwyg and all and thats great but I don't seem to be getting something right..any suggestions? anybody have this problem before? :eek::)

I believe that you want to save all your docs in the same folder, rather than having a sub-folder. I am not an expert but I think that is what you do to upload correctly

Maybe you have your reasons for using Kompozer but it might be easier if you installed Wordpress on your domain and used that. Just a suggestion.

As for your problem with connecting, you need to make sure that your FTP details are correct. Go to your cPanel and look under FTP accounts to find your login details and use those in Kompozer.

Hope this helps.

Or install FileZilla. Then use Kompozer to create and save the page(s) and use FileZilla to upload them to your server.

banners
Back