The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Slow Beginner Niche Site Attempt

monkeymind

affiliate
Hey I thought I'd do one of these journeys to see if it keeps me honest and helps speeds up my progress a bit.

Currently trying to set up a niche site and see if I can earn anything from it through affiliate links.

I have a site and cheap hosting and divi theme and tinkered about with it for a bit.

Plan was to write 20ish articles to get going and have a few affiliate links. So far everything is taking me a long time as I am new to the whole thing and every bit takes me ages (research and the doing). Currently, have a 3000+ word article and almost done a 1000+word article. Not quite the progress I wanted to have made at this point. Also spent a stupid amount of time doing a slideshow video to go with an article.

I think my big problem at the moment is I am not really sure what I am doing and there is so much learning involved and getting to grips with some seemingly simple things takes me time. Also, I am kind of a perfectionist though I know everything I am doing is far from perfect and right now, I lack the skills to make it as good as I want.

Anyway, I thought I would put this out there in an attempt to give me a kick up the arse to get moving with things more.

Definitely want to see it through and see if I can make 1$ from this world wide web thing!

Hey @monkeymind my best advice with starting a Niche site is quality over quantity.

Also, be sure to add some personality to your writing. No one wants to read generic articles these days. Having some character will definitely help you build a following.

Thanks - I was kind of toning down my personality a bit to try and sound more authoritative. I think it still sneaks in to make what I have written unique-ish.

Big problem with my writing seems to be really long sentences (and sometimes words). Also according to some readability checkers I overuse the passive voice which I am trying to figure out as I do not really understand that one (these are the kind of sidetracks I go down which means progress is slow).

Article takes years to generator impression and sometime no, I tried this on Clickbank product, somehow fail.

Unless you're scoring for some 100 monthly search long tail keyword, else I would say not trying.

I did say is not more about the words, it's more about the Bounce Rate on your traffic stat reflects if the content is attractive. Which @Morticai is referred about.

Anyway, if this is your passion, good luck to you. Keep us posting!

Uh Oh - Yeh I dunno if the niche site with articles and links is the way to go but I kind of figure for now it gives me an entry level way of learning lots of stuff and wrapping my head around some concepts. Ideally, though I wouldn't be spending so long on what are probably things I shouldn't spend time on.

Not much progress since I first started thread - Life getting in way at moment and some procrastination. Hopefully will take a couple of steps forward this week.

Hey I thought I'd do one of these journeys to see if it keeps me honest and helps speeds up my progress a bit.

Currently trying to set up a niche site and see if I can earn anything from it through affiliate links.

I have a site and cheap hosting and divi theme and tinkered about with it for a bit.

Plan was to write 20ish articles to get going and have a few affiliate links. So far everything is taking me a long time as I am new to the whole thing and every bit takes me ages (research and the doing). Currently, have a 3000+ word article and almost done a 1000+word article. Not quite the progress I wanted to have made at this point. Also spent a stupid amount of time doing a slideshow video to go with an article.

I think my big problem at the moment is I am not really sure what I am doing and there is so much learning involved and getting to grips with some seemingly simple things takes me time. Also, I am kind of a perfectionist though I know everything I am doing is far from perfect and right now, I lack the skills to make it as good as I want.

Anyway, I thought I would put this out there in an attempt to give me a kick up the arse to get moving with things more.

Definitely want to see it through and see if I can make 1$ from this world wide web thing!
Landing page traffic is the best, what I do is put a few offers on a simple one page website and direct traffic to them, if they do not sign up for one thing they will sign up for the other. :) Make sure it is something someone is very interested in. Something that everyone needs.

so in other words, If you have a bunch of affiliate offers that are alike make a landing page with a few offers on it with a brief description of what you are trying to market. You can make a lot of $$$ if you focus on insurance quotes etc..

MI
Back