The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Site title being displayed in Google as the URL

Adammo

affiliate
Hi all,

I've only recently gotten my site indexed on Google and only submitted a sitemap today, so i'm not sure if this is a time issue.

Right now when I search for my URL in google, my site comes up (good thing). But in the results, the website title is being displayed as my website URL, and not the title that I have assigned in WordPress. Do I need to add additional tags in WordPress so that the title is displayed instead of the URL?

The other issue I have is that my description is google is displayed as:
sitename.com ? T2. Posted by | November 3rd, 2009 Filed in topics ... sitename.com is proudly using the Vinica theme.

For one, I am not using the Vinica theme, and two...how can I fix that to show a site description?

Thanks!

Sounds like whoever made your theme put something in the source code. Have you checked the source code to try to find Vinica? Maybe the developer embedded a hidden link to one of their other themes.

On my blog Google pulls my description from the tagline. It's in general settings under the blog title.

I noticed that in my privacy setting that I had the radio button selected that does not allow google access. I just changed that now. Could that be the culprit?

Sure sounds like it could be.

Didn't even know about that button. I get tons of Google traffic so I guess I don't have that selected. :p

I hope that is it! Any idea how long it may take Google to update it? I'm worried now that i've submitted to google too soon.

I changed a page on Sunday. Then hit the page a few times with the Google toolbar and via some inbound links and they updated the page in the SERPS she next day, but I have an established site G spiders all the time so not sure if that had an impact.

banners
Back