The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Single or double opt in?

I think DOI would help weed out some spammer joins. Also, in some countries, it is required by law, I think.

There are some really experienced list builders here, I'm sure they'll chime in.

I'd say it also depends on the niche you're building a list. But yeah, preferably, DOI unless you think you can get better ROI and a lot more active leads with SOI.

DOI is probably the best IMO, both for subscribe lists and offers as well, DOI help getting only those 'REALLY' interested in your offer or service/product/information you are trying to promote. If you are just looking for volume of email addresses to send to then SOI would be best. All depends what you are planning to do with them all.

Yeah, it kind of depends on what your doing. If your branding something you could use DOI if your just building a list to make money from; a SOI would be better.

Can someone please explain the difference when it comes to legal issues. Is a single enough?

If I understand the recent CASL correctly, a SOI is enough in Canada but you have to be very (very!) specific about what they're signing up for.

I thought in the states it has to be DOI but I don't really know about that.

MI
Back