Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

seocontest2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

temi

affiliate
SEO Contest 2008 V2.0

Welcome to the second UK Webmaster World SEO contest for this year. Here some addition information about the contest:

What is the target keywords? The chosen keyword you need to optimise for is: kabonfootprint
Who is eligible to enter? Individuals or team of people, maximum of two people may enter the contest.
What is the prize? The winner will be awarded $2,000. The runner up will get consolation prize of $100 each.
How do I enter the contest?

First you should register at the registration page so that you details will appear on the leader board. For your details to appear on the leader board you must link to this forum with this code:
<a href="http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com" target="_blank" user="your name">Web Master World</a>
Do I need to be a member of UK WW to enter? Yes, we need your UK WW user name to display your details on the leaderboard.

Rules

• Your content entry page or site MUST be in English.
  • You may use a domain, folder, or sub domain as your optimised page with one criterion. The page must be brand new, no backlins no cached version.
  • Every optimisation techniques are allowed except cloaking, hiding text. blackhat. We will periodically compare the optimised pages with their cached version to weed out clocking, we expect you avoid using any kind of noarchive meta tag.
  • No multiple entries are allowed - ONE URL per forum member.
  • Participants are allowed to change URL but with the same requirements - at the moment of registration new url can not have any cashed version or incoming links. Old URL will be removed from database and no longer allowed to be used.
  • Linking to contestant page from this forum is NOT allowed.
  • Avoid using sub domain of free hosted blogs like wordpress or blogspot.
Please note that this rule may be revised.

How we determine the winner?
We won't, Google.com will, on the 1st of October 2008, at 1pm (UK time) the result table will be updated for the last time by executing this query in the google.com/search?q=tagetted-keyphrase string and the 1st result will be the winner of the contest.

Notes:

* In order to provide the same chance for everybody, the result table will ignore the differnces might be caused by the different geographic locations hence the above specified searching string will be requested every time when the reult page will be updated
* Prizes will be paid by PayPal

Good luck and have fun!

Big thank you to KingPin for co-sponsoring this contest

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read this carefully: You may use a domain, folder, or sub domain

May I suggest an improvement on this rule ?

A blog article looks like this : www. site .com / article-name-in-blog /
That looks like a folder to me, if I would not know it uses WP and it is a blog - meaning the url leads to a post/page and not to a folder's index.

I hope you got my point.

Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion DKs, I have a strong felling anyone who enter such url has a very slim chance of winning anyway but I will bear that in mind.

Cool. I'll add a new sub domain and get it registered in the contest.

Anyone interested in teaming with me for the contest? Please send me a PM.

SticKer

Just submitting my site for this competition. Good luck every one.

Thanks for your suggestion DKs, I have a strong felling anyone who enter such url has a very slim chance of winning anyway but I will bear that in mind.

I have enter the contest like this.I am not aiming to win it but ofcourse i want to participate.So also this kind of entries should count to the contest.
I am number 12 since my blog get crawl by google every a new post is made so after 15 minutes i am number 12 after 5 days i will be in 10th page :crazy:

Can I ask a question?

Where you've put "site must be new - no backlinks or cached" does that mean I can't do any link development on it?

What I mean is, the site is new, and there is no backlinks or cached version at the moment, but I want to do link development on it and by the time the end of the contest comes around it may have backlinks and/or a cached version.

So what do we do about that? Are we allowed to do link development or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back