The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO/SEM Options?

D

debdenby

Hi,

Are there any companies that offer help with SEO and SEM for smaller affiliate sites? If I'm going to accomplish more with my affiliate site I'm going to have to leave my current host, which is helping me wtih SEM, submitting to Search Engines and keywords. If I move, though I lose all of that. I feel like I need to move to a different host that offers PHP and cURL so that I could use a more advanced version of PopShops than the basic. Does something like this exist? I'd rather not do PPC.

I've gotten keywords and metatags down enough that when people search for me I'm somewhere between 1-10 on the various site engines--well a lot of the time, anyway. I just want to make sure that I don't lose that placement.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi Deb, moving to a different host should not make you lose rankings as long as you do it with no downtime. SEO is pretty easy to learn but VERY expensive if you want to pay someone to do it right.

What your host did, many offer. But search submission is not something that's recommended. Best to get links on some high traffic sites like forums, blog or social sites and let the engines find you themselves. Google especially prefers to find you via links herself instead of via submission.

Hi Deb, moving to a different host should not make you lose rankings as long as you do it with no downtime. SEO is pretty easy to learn but VERY expensive if you want to pay someone to do it right.

What your host did, many offer. But search submission is not something that's recommended. Best to get links on some high traffic sites like forums, blog or social sites and let the engines find you themselves. Google especially prefers to find you via links herself instead of via submission.

Hi Linda,

Are there any sites that you recommend that offer tutorials on SEO? I was afraid that it would be very expensive to pay someone to do it for me, but I thought I'd ask. With regard to what you wrote about forums and blogs, I have posted a bit on some forums, with blogs, I've got one that I started, as I mentioned in previous post, that I'd like to start up again. I guess I should look for some blogs related to my blog and possibly post on those blogs, too? Is that what you're suggesting? Also, are you referring to what my host did as site submission also or what these larger companies do?

Thanks!

Here is a simple free SEO guide: SEOmoz | Beginner's Guide to Search Engine Optimization

Yes I was suggesting posting (good) comments on other people's blogs, related to your niche as a way to get links that the search engine spiders can follow. Plus you can get some traffic from regular visitors that way too.

You said "current host, which is helping me wtih SEM, submitting to Search Engines" so that's what I was referring to when I mentioned site submission.
That's something you really don't want to have anyone do. If it's already done it's fine, just don't get conned into thinking site submission is SEO. It used to be part of it but not any more. So don't pay for that service. Just sayin...

Linda Buquet said:
Yes I was suggesting posting (good) comments on other people's blogs, related to your niche as a way to get links that the search engine spiders can follow. Plus you can get some traffic from regular visitors that way too.

You said "current host, which is helping me wtih SEM, submitting to Search Engines" so that's what I was referring to when I mentioned site submission.

That's something you really don't want to have anyone do. If it's already done it's fine, just don't get conned into thinking site submission is SEO. It used to be part of it but not any more. So don't pay for that service. Just sayin...

I'll definitely look for opportunities to post on blogs. That's interesting about the difference between site submission and SEO--now I need to find the definition of each! Thanks for clarifying. :) Thanks for the link to the SEO Guide, that will help a lot, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back