The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO on my personal blog - Adam-Chua.com

A

adamchua

Hi my friend at CPA fix,

This my first thread on how I done SEO on my local Blog site, please leave me some comments if you have chance to go through it at Adam-Chua(dot)com

Below is the way I done my SEO at my own term (gotta admit it's an ugly site), so few free to give me some of the pointers on what I missed or anything I can improve on!

I will elaborate in points form (neater)
1. Blog title - Adam-Chua.Com (No special, just my name).
2. Blog description - journey to be super affiliates follow by Chinese characters (target in Chinese readers and it looks special from google search )
3. Blog contents - true life events, stories, articles, webinars that I have attended got some back links from them. Wrote in summary for easy digest 400 words and above manual articles (to leverage on the topics and the author traffic) , some historical blog contents that I forget to clean....(no reason, just lazy).
4. Participate in few traffic exchange (like million auto surf, easyhits4u etc - just to get fresh page views).
5. Participate in few networking platform (like ibo social tool box and apsense), and perform press releases when I have new articles (1~2 new articles weekly).
6. Started to post message in forums (like warrior forums and here)
7. Announce to good quality site using auto announces bi monthly (100 sites each to google, yahoo, msn etc)
8. Try and done to add additional details using all in one seo plugin on my blog title, description and keywords (highlight it some time), also included to add in these details to my photos (alt text).
9. Announce in social media like twitter and Facebook fan page whenever I got updates (using IFTTT).
10. Using the simple %post for all my post title.
11. Cross linking to my other reviews site etc

My global Alexa rank currently was 8xxk and 4k~6k in my country. My target is to reach 200k in global and below within 1k in my country (cause I doing local Internet marketing more).

Some of the pros that blocking my progress that I wanted to solve urgently
1. The page loading too slow (even I have removed most of my plugins and ads).
2. It just looks messy (apologize that I am no a neat person).
3. Poor grammar ( apparently I don't like to write articles).
4. Lack of focus ( it became a dump on my diary instead).
5. Monetizing don't works well (combine with, Infolinks, Adsense, chitika and viglink).
6. No own products ......

I seriously looking for solutions ( also though of outsource to ghost writers but drop off due to lack of confident).

Please help!
Again the URL is here adam-chua(dot)com

Regards
Adam Chua
~ lazy Internet marketer

first think your site runs slow if I found your site and it took as long as it just did I would of left way before it load. To many ads i see you have a live traffic feed get rid of that how many professional blog do you visit that has that i hardly see any. content is every thing I went through your post I found so many grammar mistakes how can you get your point across if no body can understand that post. you have a about me on the right side bar of your blog and you have the one on the top bar that one just says about need to fix that. Also Don't put your contact me in the about me you should have a separate tab for that by the about me get rid of the info link all together it looks sloppy i was reading your about me and ill i seen was green. also hire a content writer from Elance, Odesk, etc... Remember content is everything

01) The page loading too slow (even I have removed most of my plugins and ads).

The web page took 5.70 s to load, used 295 requests, and weighed in at 2.5 MB.

Check out here: Pingdom Tools

A. Enable leverage browser caching
B. Cache static content
C. Combine and minify CSS/JS
D. Make fewer HTTP requests

Solution: Install and configure W3TC plugin.

D. Optimize Images

Solution: Compress images using WPSmush.it

E. Combine background images into a CSS sprite.

Solution: People claim "this isn’t an easy thing to do, and if you’re no developer you should really hire one to do this for you"
That’s not true. You can actually generate css sprite with the click of a button using spriteme.org

F. Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
I've been using Cloudflare for about two years now and it really is FREE!

2) messy 3) Poor grammar 4) Lack of focus 6) No own products
Solution: It's all up to you :D

....No meta description in your internal pages. Rushing to monetize or using too many ad networks is not a good idea either.

That's exactly how I got "Your website is faster than 97% of all tested websites" at Pingdom for my site cashcab.org

Cheers!
Gayan

3. Poor grammar ( apparently I don't like to write articles).

If you got poor grammar just do a quick grammar check on spellcheckdotcom, it finds some grammatical mistakes and will point them out for you! It's not flawless, but at least it's something! :) Good luck!

first think your site runs slow if I found your site and it took as long as it just did I would of left way before it load. To many ads i see you have a live traffic feed get rid of that how many professional blog do you visit that has that i hardly see any. content is every thing I went through your post I found so many grammar mistakes how can you get your point across if no body can understand that post. you have a about me on the right side bar of your blog and you have the one on the top bar that one just says about need to fix that. Also Don't put your contact me in the about me you should have a separate tab for that by the about me get rid of the info link all together it looks sloppy i was reading your about me and ill i seen was green. also hire a content writer from Elance, Odesk, etc... Remember content is everything

Dear Cooper, thank you for your feedback! These motivated me a lot (I rushing to make correction now). Let me break each comments down and I wish you can give me few more pointers after the modification I made.

1. first think your site runs slow if I found your site and it took as long as it just did I would of left way before it load. (This goes same to me - removing all the text ads other than viglink.)
2. To many ads i see you have a live traffic feed get rid of that (Removed - happily)
3. How many professional blog do you visit that has that i hardly see any (True, some back link is from other affiliate marketeer and local media site - Finding more but I think I will only able to link with forums for the time been).
4. content is every thing I went through your post I found so many grammar mistakes how can you get your point across if no body can understand that post (Accepted with deepest apologize, as I subconsciously write these article when I sick or going to sleep for the sack of (unique content)- I will do the spell check and grammer check before I post a new content).
5. you have a about me on the right side bar of your blog and you have the one on the top bar that one just says about need to fix that (Removed away the gravatar at the right side bar ).
6. Also Don't put your contact me in the about me you should have a separate tab for that by the about me (Done create a new contact me - squeeze page)
7. get rid of the info link all together it looks sloppy i was reading your about me and ill i seen was green (Noted and disabled the info links).
8. also hire a content writer from Elance, Odesk, etc...(Considering it - if you have any trustable writter do you mind introduce to me?)
9. Remember content is everything (I will be categorize this and restructure my contents - will also include some PLR material)

Thanks a million pal!

banners
Back