The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO now explained

J

John

What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your web pages and getting links into your site in order to achieve the highest search engine rankings possible for your keywords/phrases.

Is SEO a bad thing?
No, not at all. Ethical SEO isn't a tool used to "trick" the search engines into ranking your pages higher than they deserve to be ranked.

Ethical SEO is simply a way to help your pages rank well compared to pages of similar quality and relevancy, making them easier for visitors to find. It also makes the search engine results for your pages' keywords better for the search engine's users.

Of course unethical SEO also exists. Tactics such as using hidden text, keyword spamming, participation in link farms, etc. is bad for the search engines because they skew the search results and make them less relevant to the user's query.

The search engines don't like this so they penalize (or even ban) sites that use them whenever they catch them.

Do I really need to optimize my site for the search engines?
Absolutely! The old adage "If I build it they will come" certainly doesn't apply to web pages. You can have the very best, most professional looking website in the world, but if nobody finds it it's useless.

The use of ethical and effective SEO techniques will help potential visitors find your web pages when they do a web search on your relevant keywords/phrases. In a nutshell, your pages will no longer be many pages down in the search engine results pages (SERPS). They might even end up on the first page!

How do I go about optimizing my website?
There are many ethical SEO professionals offering their services on the web, but if you have the time, desire, and ability, you can perform your own SEO services after reading and studying the free SEO information and tutorials that are widely available on the Internet.

devdreams.com

banners
Back