The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Ask Me Anything SEO Newbie Thread - Ask the "Pros"!

Daniel Bernhardt

affiliate
Hey Guys,
To give back to our awesome community I am opening up a SEO Newbie Thread, for all your small questions that do not need a new thread but deserve some attention. Feel free to ask your questions over here, I promise you will get a knowledgeable professional answer.
If I answered your question be sure to Thumbs up this thread! :)

Follow me on LinkedIn and Google+

~In the future I will add more links to this post to try to compile a little newbie library for SEO.

SEO NEWBIE LIBRARY LINKS
divider.png
Tools & Websites
Advanced Metrics and Tracking Tools

Competitive Research Tools
Extra Tools
Whitepapers
Useful forum Posts

Last edited:
Great thread idea!

Whats the quickest way to rank a site?
That is not really not a newbie question but its still a Great question! I assume you are talking about ranking with White-Hat methods - Black-hat will always be quicker but will be punished and this is not recommended for Company websites or any other website that is aiming for the long run.

So to rank fast with pure white hat, I recommend developing a firm content marketing strategy and basing your overall strategy on that content. The content must provide an added-value to your target audience, leave it to them to make it viral.
Stick to Google's SEO Guidelines when creating content. If it is text then write it primarily for users and modify your content only a bit for Search Engine robots, use tools like Yoast & MOZ to monitor your progression.
But one must take in thought that not only firm content will generate fast SERP results. A HUGE part of your final rank is based on your Domain & Page Authority which is calculated from the quality of the code of your website (Page speed, Schema, W3, Microformats,etc..) and the user behavior and interaction with your website (based on a great UX\UI).

Remember that "Search Engines" and "Users that search" both have the same agenda, they both want to find the best website. So you are going to have to make the "best website" to rank on those SERP results.

Hope I helped, feel free to ask more!

Last edited:
Is it even worth it to try to rank with a free site, for people who have no capital?
What do you mean by a free site? If you can write content, design graphics, tune seo, manage webmaster, code PHP,CSS,HTML, analyze and optimize data I see no reason why you would need capital. Only a sh*tload of time to do it yourself.... With that said it also depends what keywords you are going after and in what industry...

Don't you need capital for domain and hosting!? Also the chances someone would know all that and do it very well is slim.

Don't you need capital for domain and hosting!? Also the chances someone would know all that and do it very well is slim.
Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation for almost a month! :)
Well you are completely correct, you need a certain amount of capital for domain and hosting...
I am used to hearing the term capital in bigger scales then 100$ a year :rolleyes:

I'm a beginner with SEO and keyword research. How can I learn what keywords to use and better understand what i'm when performing keyword research?

Whats the best keyword intelligence tool now keyword planner is moved?

Great question, I mix 4 tools to get a sense of whats going on for my SEO gravy.
AdWords KeyWord Planner (For a rough traffic estimate)
MOZ Keyword Difficulty + OpenWeb Tool(For KW heirarcy and ranking strategy)
SEMRush Competitors section (For all other information)
MajesticSEO (For better search volume and SERP results)

Hi my question is really noob but i am noob i have start my own blog about music and I use wordpress blog so how i put my keyword? In the Title post? i have seo by yoarst plugin but i dont understant really seo for now i need really to start à thé begin

banners
Back