The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

SEO Forum Posting

Vivid Holidays

affiliate
I am attempting to improve the SEO on 6 holiday websites that offer villas, apartments to various european holiday destinations.

I am link building and blog posting and this seems to be having a slow but positive effect. I am also contributing to yahoo answers and this seems to be helping as well.

Forum posting has also been mentioned as good way of getting in sneaky links. My limited experience of this has seen me being thrown off forums for trying to promote my sites even if done in a good way.

Does anybody have any hints and tips?

Yes, it's very true that forum posting is a very effective way to promote your business but you should always keep in mind that before promoting your website you have contribute on forum like good quality posts, before posting follow their guidelines carefully, you should post regularly and once you cross 20-30 posts you can add your signature link.

I am attempting to improve the SEO on 6 holiday websites that offer villas, apartments to various european holiday destinations.

I am link building and blog posting and this seems to be having a slow but positive effect. I am also contributing to yahoo answers and this seems to be helping as well.

Forum posting has also been mentioned as good way of getting in sneaky links. My limited experience of this has seen me being thrown off forums for trying to promote my sites even if done in a good way.

what is your main goal? to increase page ranking or traffic of your site?

i think link building can only increase your PR.... using classifieds can promote your site.... also joining forums and social networking sites can help your website's traffic ;D

i think link building can only increase your PR.... using classifieds can promote your site.... also joining forums and social networking sites can help your website's traffic ;D

I guess its both really.

My aim is to get more people to book holidays with us. Therefore we need enquiries, so I need to improve our page ranking and traffic to the sites.

Although I think I might have cracked it a bit this morning. I have managed to sign upto the Italian magazine forum today. I have used 'Vivid Italy' the name of my Italian website and put the website address in my footer, so far have made a few general comments and not been deleted yet....

Vivid Holidays, the way to promote your site on forums is to offer FREE geniunie help and advise without any marketing hype. People will look at your site in signature if they feel they can trust you.

Another thing to bear in mind - posting at topical forums could be more rewarding, as on those there are more people who are potentially intersted in your service/products.
Hope this helps.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I think doing Link Building does not just help increase your Page Rank, but it can also help increase your site's traffic. When you properly target your selected keywords upon gathering backlinks from relevant sites, this can help increase your keyword rankings in serp thus may also lead to increasing your ORGANIC traffic from search engines...

To get traffic through forum posting, you don't just need to be focused on promoting your site's services or products, but you must need to provide quality posts on other members for you to build a good online reputation. For every good post that you contribute on a forum, other members might be curious to see your sig and to know what site you're currently promoting..
[/FONT]​

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess its both really.

My aim is to get more people to book holidays with us. Therefore we need enquiries, so I need to improve our page ranking and traffic to the sites.

Although I think I might have cracked it a bit this morning. I have managed to sign upto the Italian magazine forum today. I have used 'Vivid Italy' the name of my Italian website and put the website address in my footer, so far have made a few general comments and not been deleted yet....

then you should do some promotions to your site like making an article related to your site, a blog, classifieds, also joining in a crowded sites like social networking sites and forums can help increase your traffic :D

All Link Building methods

Apply all link building methods such as directory submisison, forum posting and many more.

Also participate in discussion in travel forums, try to get links through travel directories since they will be quality links for your site.

Vivid Holidays, the way to promote your site on forums is to offer FREE geniunie help and advise without any marketing hype. People will look at your site in signature if they feel they can trust you.

Another thing to bear in mind - posting at topical forums could be more rewarding, as on those there are more people who are potentially intersted in your service/products.
Hope this helps.
Couldn't agree more with the above - sound advice. :) Forum posting is a personal branding process. If all you do is promote your business or services, fellow forumites will see right through you and the Admins will just ban you. :)

That's true

That's quite true, before marketing your service in forum just participate in seo discussion and try to establish yourself over there.

Once you have an established name in a forum, you can go for promoting your product or service.

I strongly feel that you should go for one way link techniques like forum posting, web directories submission, article submissions and link building with relevant sites. Find some high PR forums in your niche and start posting on it, don't forget to put your site links in the signature. Just remember that don't put the signature links with your first post. Read their rules, your replies should be relevant to that forum.

Forums will give more visibility to your website. With web directories and article directories you will get good number of backlinks. Also, try out the social bookmarking sites like digg, technorati, reddit, propeller, del.icio.us etc... These sites are good to increase your website traffic.

I totally agree that forum posting can help increase traffic.. But be sure to follow the guidelines and regulations on the forums before registering..

Thanks for all of this, there is some good advice here.

Does anybody think Yahoo answers is a good place to be around. It seems to have a good google page rank and will let you put a few links as long as you make good comments.

Buy Link SEO Servies & Offsource Outsourcing

Hi guys,
I am looking a paid link for our sites related to web development, SEO Services India, Internet marketing, offshore outsourcing. PR must be greater than 4. If any one have sites as per our requirement please .

Linkbuilding improves the PR...
Search engine optimization is the basic thing to drive traffic to your website...
forum posting and other stuffis also necessary to increase the traffic of your website

Linkbuilding improves the PR...
Search engine optimization is the basic thing to drive traffic to your website...
forum posting and other stuffis also necessary to increase the traffic of your website

I agree.. search engines maximum traffic. Forum posting helps in promoting site and increasing the PR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum is genuinely a ver effective way to promote anything and creating quality backlinks but you should be sure that you are not spamming and contributing someting back to the forum.

Thats simple rule you need to follow in every forum.

MI
Back