The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Sent 3,000 clicks from Airpush & Startapp = 0 conversions

hollo

affiliate
I'm new to in app display and made a test with Airpush & Startapp for a CPA sweepstakes offer ("Win a device US", single opt in with email).

The ad copy I used clearly specified "Enter your email to win" and got a high CTR (20% for interstitial). However, it generated 0 conversions. None. I checked the IP addresses and they looked fine, no signs of obvious bots...

Anyone had any luck with Startapp interstitials or Airpush dialogs? Is this traffic totally dead?

Thank you very much!

Why do you think that you should have gotten conversions with only 3000 clicks is the real question?!?!?!

Here a heads up on how you should be thinking when you start a campaign!

1. Get a good offer that's doing well currently from your AM.
2. Create a landing page for the offer.
3. Decide which traffic sources you're going to use to promote the offer.
4. Track everything and I mean everything...Use Voluum!
5. Run the offer for a couple of days with a $50 to $100 daily budget.
6. If you have conversion GREAT, but if not then dig into the data that you've gathered
over the past 2 days and start eliminating sites that's eating up your budget.
7. Optimize the traffic and run a gain for a day to see if things have improved with your
optimization to the campaign.
8. Keep looking at the data you're getting to make the campaign better and "Profitable"!

I hope that helps

Fred Turner

Thanks! Have you used StartApp for single opt in sweepstakes?

No...but you should always be in constant contact with your AM so that he/she can tell you what's working and what's not. You should always be running offers that are currently working with the traffic sources you're running offers on

Yeah... the offer I'm running is #1 in my network as per my AM, he won't share details about traffic sources though...

So basically I spent a couple days sending traffic to this offer, optimizing copy and creatives, segmenting to audiences I thought would be more inclined to convert, but I am already above $100 spent with no data points re conversions...
How should I move from here? Should I just block all the publishers that have sent me traffic and start over? Thanks!

Now that's what I like to hear, so what you should be doing now is eliminating bad placements,carriers,IP's,connections. SO that you can focus on the sites that you're getting the most traffic/clicks from! But I would focus on Pop Traffic if I was you...Like PopCash, ExoClick, etc...!

Hope that helps

Fred Turner

Thanks guys.

Just another quick update. I tested CPI offer on StartApp, just in case that traffic wasn't interested in surveys but were looking for apps to install. No conversions after another 700 clicks and $30+ cost.

I switched to pop unders as @FredTurner recommended. Using a nice lander I got conversions almost immediately. Much better stuff. I tested PopCash.net and PopAds.net. However, I got rejected from ExoClicks, they said that I didn't pass their verification process.

Any advice?

Hey Hollo,

I would stay right where you're at with the current traffic sources you're using now if I was you...PopCash and PopAds!
I love PopAds because I've been using them for a while now, but stick to these traffic sources and you will
find the gold you're looking for. Remember what I said about listening to what the DATA says about the traffic.

I would run the offer for another day or two on PopCash/PopAds and then start eliminating bad SiteID's, Carriers, etc.!

Question? Are you using any scripts on your lander to get more conversions/FREE TRAFFIC?

Watch this video to get a better understanding of what I'm referring to...I have some scripts that can help your conversion
rate.

Last edited:
AirPush and StartApp are mobile ad networks in you received no conversions. How are you getting conversions on PopAds which is not a ¨Mobile¨ Ad Network when you are doing mobile app installs? Could someone shed light on this.

PopAds is a popunder network that has mobile traffic, I am using their mobile traffic, is that what you are referring to?

Exactly! I also mentioned PopAds because they're one of the Ad Networks that will give you Ad Credit once you've spent a certain amount of money on traffic with them.

Fred Turner

banners
Back